[Discussion] Improving 1H Blade Arc in 1.1.6.0

I’d add that Bloodrager specifically is known for pushing AS on 2H weapons to cap, and it’s a BA set. :confused:

1 Like

Shields can also get attack speed though, and a 1-hander + shield with it will generally be more than a 2-hander comparatively.

They can, but I think it’s an old design decision for shields not to have AS, few exceptions aside. For example you can’t have “of Alacrity” on your random shield.

That’s true however I should have clarified my statement by placing that it’s typically our view of dot builds as we typically don’t use shields unless it is for BA or FW etc

Our build philosophy kind of matches the Chinese community and the heavy use of tree of life , heavy pilot skills, and l/s effects and we just rather not be there when the before mentioned sht hits the fan

I heavily used targos and the current build may use a shield but has no investment into it skill/devotion wise as it applies all dots and runs in circles relying on lps

The shield in this case is used because the spirit invested for off hands are too high and the shields have flat it damage which we want for the dot.

Too bad about engine limitations.

Isn’t the problem similar to 1H thunderous strike? Why nobody talks about that?

The issue i see is these skills don’t benefit from DW due to the animation coding. So the only good solution would be to make all spamming attacks to be recognized as default attacks. But that’s not gonna happen.

So i vote for buffing S&B - just give big offensive shield bonuses to the basic skills. And fix nonretal S&B while we are at it. The game is missing a playstyle for the endgame right now. Also Primal Strike spam with S&B would be kinda cool.

Check the description…

Yes, i read it and generalized it. Is there a problem?

I’m talking adding a weapon damage mod to a shield, not on BA main skill itself, so as to not affect 2h.

Then we get the 2h becomes unnecessarily stronger problem again. Put the flat damage on a shield, imo.

Edit: saw rhe the sandclaw stuff afterwards. I get the point but still would prefer something that would really make people wanna use 1h the obvious way.

Primal strike is 2h exclusive, that’s why no one talks about 1h thunderous strike.

Oh, I’ve ripped it out of context, didn’t I? Sorry.

Then you’d only be buffing that specific build using this shield. It would be like CD Forcewave that is unheard of without Octavius.

I’m fine with that :stuck_out_tongue: tho it’s totally understandable why people would hate it.

Darn, i always forget about Shaman 2H exclusives :laughing: apologies
I wish it wasnt exclusive to 2H though. Just as people often request to allow Shaman WPS for DW. Shaman has big 2H bonuses with Might of the Bear and Brute Force as it is. Just not enough autoattacks in the game.

Anyway, offensive shields bonuses for BA seems like the best solution to me because there is already a transmutor. Is it possible to add smth like “+xx% shield dmg” stat to the skill?

Giving shield damage to it sounds nice tbh. It will actually make Targo better since its underperforming in its current state.

So it seems like people favor the suggestion I made in the OP?

Maybe the damage could be added onto the mainhaind weapon, so a new SFX won’t be needed