Discussion on Player Knowledge/Builds

These kinds of builds are what I like creating and like seeing/reading as well. It’s rare that these kind of builds are OP or anywhere near as well as they usually have less gear support than other builds, especially the ones centred around item sets. In fact, there’s a slim chance that they can get buffed if they use an underused skill or ability :stuck_out_tongue:

The other reason I would post build guides is for advice to improve such a build. Asking for ways to improve a build requires one to showcase and explain their current build and a guide does just that while having any related discussion in one central spot and obviously, there’s the end goal of making it end game worthy afterwards.

I think explaining the reason behind nerfs, especially unpopular nerfs, would remove/reduce some of that “friction”. For example, why did dw pierce BMs keep getting the nerf bat? DW pierce BMs went from being decent to not being viable. Maybe in your internal testing you guys found a way to build BMs in a way that would make them OP relative to other builds? Explaining the reason behind the nerf(s) would help I think, it would also allow players to discuss the thought process and the reasoning behind the nerf(s), at the very least you can avoid the wild tinfoil hat speculations lol.

FWIW I’m in your boat. If I see a build on the forums, I pretty much immediately lose interest in playing it (with very few exceptions) because it’s now explored territory. I like the challenge of exploring new options with class combos, or doing my best to make the most out of the challenges I place on myself. My builds that I’ve posted were a Frostburn Blademaster tank, Avatar of Mogdrogen (Lightning/Pet Hybrid) Druid, and a Bleed Caster Witch Hunter; none of them are really top tier but they were really fun to try and make work. Now I’m working on a solo/self-found Defiler build because that whole class combo seems a little wonky to make work without end-game gear, but I’m up for the challenge.

I enjoyed your Critjacks Invoker of Light build; I thought it was awesome how you managed to make 2 different end game sets work together. I’d look forward to any more cool ideas you have =)

If you mean lazy irl, I get you. :smiley:

If you mean lazy game play, treat yourself to the runner up or valepiercer skelamancer builds I posted up under the main. Both of them are really laid back and smooth to play. Valepiercer version is a little more out of the box if you prefer that sort of design (but obviously revolves around specific items and a lowish chaos res on pets is the only thing I don’t like about the latter).

EDIT: My irl friend was actually complaining to me about skelmancer on the way to Ragnarok yesterday about not being able to see what was what and who was who on the screen while “under the influence” due to all the critters and auras. I was like “did you die though?” and he said no it was just hard to follow. “Sounds like I should update the pros and cons section then.”