Do not use this item against Mad Queen (unless you want to die)

Hi!

This is what happens when you wear Krieg’s Mask in fight against Mad Queen :crazy_face:

Its proc - Aether Spines - is not only weak, but detrimental thanks to no-cooldown and can cause death easily. Another reason not to take full Krieg set :neutral_face:.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Could buff the Krieg set, sure, like the stomp cooldown match flat RR and other things, however, I think it’s not that smart to fight Mad Bug while she’s red by any means, especially in the crucible or SR where there are more mutators than her simple secret cave in the campaign.

Also, I am wondering if Mark of Torment could have helped you in your scenario & I heard it’s getting buffed in 1.2.

I just tried this with my Krieg Spellbinder on v1.2.
I can facetank and kill MQ in less than 10 seconds, only have to use Mark of Torment when her aura is up, mirror isn’t even necessary.

edit: ok I just watched the full video, I see what you mean. It’s OK as it is though, counter measures exist.

What this game considers a projectile is honestly pretty obtuse and arbitrary. What triggers Mad Queen’s aura is projectiles but what is a projectile is a guessing game half the time because Aether Spines being considered a projectile is weird.

I used MoT in both tries, does not help much. In SR the situation is worse because of scaling (mutators are whatever).

Yeah, sort of.

Why? It says “5 projectiles” in Aether Spines spell description.

We have got our own projectile barrage like Mad Queen, but in player’s case it is pathetic at best and deadly at worst. I would rework it or remove completely, to be honest, full Krieg set provides nothing significant (and helmet especially, for War Cry we have Fleshwarped Casque/Warborn Visor and for Blitz - Milton’s Casque).

1 Like

I’m inclined to agree, I’m only using the granted skill to proc a devo skill but I could bind it to a WPS instead and probably have same results.

I’ll try another helmet and see how it differs DPS wise.

My dw aether cadance krieg bama eats her alive in seconds.
No issues here. :person_shrugging:

But it is not the point of my topic.

Kind of is tho.
Since I was using the full Krieg set here too and I didn’t notice the aether spines becoming an issue when fighting her, that’s my point here.

EDIT: Nvm… I just noticed that I used MoR during my fight VS her (force of habbit I guess) and you are 100% right.
The moment her aura goes up ur toast thx to that proc. :eyes:

1 Like

I switched out Krieg’s mask for an Ascended Casque and although the fight is 2 seconds longer now (even with same mutator), it is super safe and MoT wasn’t even needed.

So yeah that proves OP’s point, wearing Krieg Mask for MQ fight can be dangerous and even deadly. So either counter the aura with skills like Mirror and Mark or wear another helm.

edit: I noticed in my 1st fight I used Nullify which might have increased DPS, didn’t do that in the 2nd fight. That could explain why the 2nd fight took a little bit longer even though sheet DPS is higher with the switched out helmet. Not using the Krieg’s Wrath granted skill might be another reason.

1 Like

what ?!?
it’s pretty frickin obvious in this case @_@

what’s less obvious is stuff like BWC/volcanic stride, sigils? and certain curses etc, counting as projectiles totally 3000% correct, but this is def not one of those obtuse and arbitrary cases :sweat_smile:

as to this mask being lethal on MQ; i don’t really think that’s a good reason to change it.
Like, the 0 cd nature is actually gonna be useful to you in every other scenario outside of such specific fight/boss effect

1 Like

I could have sworn it didn’t say it had projectiles, but i haven’t used Krieg set in ages anyway. Maybe the description got changed since the last time i used it.

Still, i can name plenty of real examples of skills that seemingly shouldn’t be considered projectiles and yet the game treats it as such like the mentioned above Volcanic Stride. The first time i saw the aura getting triggered by it made me scratch my head in disbelief because how is a trail of fire a projectile?

Flame Torrent and Agrivix Malice proc are other two that i’m pretty sure trigger Mad Queen’s aura, which makes no sense. I’m gonna test it to be sure.

Edit: And yup, at least Agrivix Malice proc triggers Mad Queen’s aura, which again makes no sense. How is it a ranged attack when it procs from near you?

yea, not the only one there :pensive:
lot of weird stuff like that, which can be murder against MQ when you don’t realize it yet :neutral_face:
legit took me a while to figure out what “stuff” it was that was killing my bleed build against MQ in SR

Having just retested my Krieg DK for endgame, I have to agree. I think it would be a pretty nice QoL buff to the set to make the helmet proc a lot stronger but giving it a cooldown of a few seconds. As it is now, it can be a death sentence against MQ or Valdaran.

1 Like

Forgot about Valdaran, yes. Not Mad Queen threat level, but also dangerous.

Eh, I’d argue Valdaran is even worse. To begin with, he’s more common in endgame than MQ, so you’ll have many more opportunities to get screwed over by him. He’s also much more unassuming. With MQ red aura means get the fuck away even if you don’t care about her projectiles. With Valdaran you might not expect issues until they suddenly happen. But above all, Valdaran’s shield is fairly easy to miss. If you don’t catch the sound effect of him activating it you often can’t tell its up until it blasts your corpse across the galaxy.