Does most pure builds suck?

You are right, I don’t think anyone would enjoy it unless their goal is to be able to beat it. I had to put everything toward the phys resist in order to beat the final boss, but until then I had a different build, focusing more on bleed.

Also, this gives me a blank level 100 template I can use now. I can keep a copy and not have to start over every time I want a lvl 100, which was my motivation for doing it.

The lessons I learned from this without classes have helped me greatly with characters with classes, like how to get the most of item/component/augment/devotion combinations. I didn’t even scratch the surface of possibilities, focusing mainly on bleed and blocking throughout the game.

It hurts me a little to hear people say things aren’t possible when they are, like pure builds. It discourages people from challenging themselves. With some adjusting, I’m sure a single class can do it fine. I did it with none, and I’ve also finished elite with just a shaman and just a inquisitor. I’ve done normal with just a necro.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkaE4VJ Is basically the update to the pre-AoM build listed.

That’s not the end of Ultimate anymore. Go beat the expansion. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was afraid someone would say that. I finished that on veteran with my no-class character and loathe to do it on elite or higher. I might just take that challenge up now that you’ve thrown the gauntlet. Although it may not be as hard as all that anymore, because I can get aether resist nearly to 100% and I’ve farmed some anti-atherial gear since I did it on normal, like mythical screams of the aether rings and the mythical whisperer of secrets helmet blueprint. I can reduce damage by up to 37% from aetherials, combined with high resists I should be ok.
At the moment, I’m trying to come up with a build that can kill ravager on ultimate. A build that hasn’t been tried before to do it, at least that I’ve seen. Also I’m just starting to do hardcore. So far, I made it to homestead in veteran mode.