Doubts about Vit Cabalist

Hello all!

Wanting to make a Vit Cabalist, but wondering a few things:

1 - How’s Will of Rattosh? I don’t see people using it so much even though is a rr. Guess the requirements are kind weird. Any suggestions of good skills to use with it? Can it make life leach negative? And does it spread like Murmur?

2 - Let’s say I convert 100% poison damage to vitality. And let’s say I have +200% poison damage. This bonus is lost, right?

3 - Stuff that adds vitality decay only adds it’s effects to things that have weapon damage, right?

4 - Is caster vitality Cabalist good endgame? Saw THT build, but there’s not much description about it.

5 - Not related to Cabalist: blitz is attack speed, casting speed or none? xD

Thanks for the help!

1. Yes

2. For flat Vitality Decay (such as the damage present on Harbinger of Souls), then yes.

3. Blitz is a cooldown skill so you want to try and get cooldown reduction or scale it through other means (such as % weapon damage).

Can’t comment on 1) or 4) as have I have not played a Vitality Cabalist but it should be sufficient for endgame, I just don’t know how it compares to top tier builds.

1 - It’s actually a pretty solid constellation for pretty much every Vitality build.

2 - Yes.

4 - Yes, it’s just fine for end game. I was personally able to clear all of Ultimate and all challenge dungeons, as well as Challenger Crucible through 150 and Gladiator through 120 (probably could push if I used ointments) with faction only gear (purposely did not use legendaries I had access to). So definitely fine. And you can obviously make it much stronger with some of the end game builds.

For links for end game vit cabalist builds as well as a leveling guide, see here.

Dark One set makes a huge difference , luckily its easily to farm similar to Krieg

Thanks for all the replies!!!

Still wondering if Rattosh spreads like Murmur. Will have to decide on which skill to bound it if it doesn’t spread, since 15% is really low. And wondering if it’s possible to amplify the life leach if life leach resist indeed goes negative.

But even though blitz had a CD, it still has less frames of animation with more attack speed or cs, right?

About Spectral Wrath: it has a skill recharge. What’s that? I thought it would be that once triggered, it would have to wait to trigger again, but it doesn’t seem like that. And for triggering on a melee mob, does the mob HAVE to land a hit?

Edit: since I’m doing a caster, I’m wondering if I’ll have to willingly let some mobs hit me in order to proc the rr.

1. While Rattosh is great, it’s affinity requirements collide too heavily with my preferred devotion routes for vitality casters narrowing down options too much imho. I already struggle to incorporate Manticore… Wish we had 5 more points to spend!

2. Yes.

3. Flat Vitality Decay will only affect %Weapon Damage.

4. Most definitely. Probably almost as good or even on par with Vitality Conjurer.

5. I’m pretty sure there’s no way to speed up Blitz’ cast animation.