Drain Essence as a Main attack

This I copied from my Drain Essence Thread

First off, I would like to say that I love the new classes and all the new features that are included in the ashes expansion. However, I am currently trying out the necromancers drain essence ability and I feel that it would be better as a primary attack, like cadence for the soldier. Nothing about it needs to chainge, the dame get is good, the style is good, but I would just like it to be a primary attack ability.

What prevents you from using it as a main attack? You cannot assign it to LMB because:

But it works fine on RMB, which I use for all my main ranged attacks.

But couldn’t they change it for the lmb, it would make the necromancer able to be a caster as well as a close combat powerhouse?

On which button would you put your main melee attack skill then? I always assign melee attacks to LMB and ranged attacks to RMB.

If you want to use weapon swap and have both main attacks on LMB, then post (a draft of) your build, please, so that we have a better basis for a discussion. You can use http://www.grimtools.com/calc/ to upload an existing char or create a draft.

I usually just stay with rained or close combat for my characters. I font really bother with switching weapons. I try to keep it as simple as possible.