[1.1.9.0] Beginner's Forgotten Blademaster

Yo, Val, I think I made pretty decent no green endgame specs for both Infiltrator and Blademaster (Belgothian), maybe you can add my guide for reference too.

Or not!

1 Like

Added!

Also fixed other broken links.
There’s a bit of work to be done fixing the formatting too, but that’ll take time and some experiments.

thanks for the advice. it worked quite well. lvl 55 atm

I have been wondering about this for a while. When FG was new, I got all of the level 50 medal augments doing rogue-like dungeon farming ultimate (I wanted the Vanquish set). So it can drop for sure in ultimate, but perhaps its drop chance is suppressed compared to elite?

The vendor in Ancient Grove have around 13% chance of selling it (my own estimation) and since one can reset his/her inventory by going in and out of the Feral Thicket, it can be “powershoped” in less than one hour.

Sorry, I don’t know the details.

After trying this game out a few times and never really sticking to it, I’ve decided to give it another try following this build, and I’m having a blast so far. Still on Veteran, level 38, but approaching the point where I last gave up, and this time things are going much smoother. Thanks for the guide, it helps new players a lot.

1 Like

Ok, level 58 now, and I just realized I have one question. On the gear section you don’t mention what medal the build uses. Looking at your level 90 build link, you’re using a Coven Mark of Blades. Is this the medal to use?

Also, I just found a Direwolf Crest. It has similar stats to Mark of Blades (flat pierce, % pierce). Is it a suitable replacement? It seems to me that they’re quite similar, but I’m not sure if the % physical damage from the Mark of Blades does anything for the build - if it does, then the difference between both medals is much bigger.

1 Like

Direwolf crest is the best medal for pierce attacker.

As physical damage,%damage is not doing anything,but flat damage is converted to pierce via armor piercing.

1 Like

Do note that the crest offers one more WPS, so make sure you do not have more than 100% chance to use those. The guide build have 80% chance of WPS, so now you will have 92% basically. Some players report that having WPS actually slows down their killing times since these WPS have additional attack animation. The faction medal is level 90 anyway and you need to be honored with coven, so you can atlest use direwolf meanwhile and then change and see what the difference is.

1 Like

im pretty impressed by what dragon has accomplished here with a bunch of average greens and a few blues. you got all your resists capped, good DA and over 90k sheet dps which isnt bad at all. excellent reference for beginners! very solid

What would happen if I have over 100% WPS chance? Would it just shave each of them down proportionally, meaning that instead of a 20% chance on something like Amarasta’s Quick Cut I’d end up with 17 or 18% (just a random example number).

I’ll do as you suggested. Right now I can’t even use Direwolf Crest actually, still need to go up quite a few levels. But I’ll get there. Thanks for the help.

Yes, shave down proportionally. Overall it’s not recommended to go over 100% because some WPS are better than the other (e.g. Execution).

1 Like

Hi, thanks for this awesome build, I am past lvl 40 and so far its working great, but I made an oopsie, I only bought AoM expansion along with base game and started following this build I found from the latest build compendium, but when I went into devotion tree to find Ulzaad I realized my mistake. So now I was wondering if anyone can suggest me devotion path suitable for AoM, and if there are any gear pieces here I cant get without FG. Thanks. C:

@fLicker360 FG expansion added devotions Azraaka and Ulzaad, both useful for pierce DW builds.

You can check pre FG builds in the compendium, but is generally good idea to go Unknown soldier and Oleron combo.

Cool, thanks for the info man, I will try searching in older compendiums, but I easily get confused, so I will try to look for something like DW melee pierce build and see if I can find any beginner friendly builds.
Hey one more thing, can you please give me link to any build that is similar to this one and only has AoM stuff or vanilla. Everything I see is advanced stuff with legendary items and idk what to replace them with. Only if its not too much trouble. Thanks again.

Most of the old DW pierce builds are updated and is little confusing to try each GT link. Here’s one which isn’t. It’s not budget, but is some kind if mix sets, probably can work OK without that much gear. [1.0.6.1] Impaler - DW Pierce Cadence Blademaster, Gladiator farmer (under 11 minutes)

Hey thanks! I will check it out and see what happens.

@fLicker360 the goal build in Dragons guide also uses a faction helm and augments that is FG only.

I tried to make a somewhat sensible version for AoM: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2Ebl1jV
remember that you might not be able to do an exact copy since you might get other rolls on the belt, gloves and boots.

Oh, I see, thanks so much for the build mate. Its nice to see some greens in there. C:

some greens are faction items (chest, shoulder, belt, helm). The swords are one of the bests pierce melee weapons, especially if you get extra flat pierce (or physical) damage and attack speed. They are also kinda easy to farm. Boots & gloves are basically placeholders until you get BiS Legendaries.

1 Like