[DW melee] Beginner's Virulent Dervish

Yep, looks like that is the thing. All the snapshots have it, but the detailed guide as to where you put your points during leveling doesnt have that listed to take!

1 Like

Thank you for the great build Stupid Dragon!

I just completed veteran HC with it as a first SSF hardcore character. Your leveling suggestions helped a lot.

I’m looking forward to try out some of your other builds :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Thank you for this fun and destructive build. I’m just coming back go Grim Dawn after more than a year break and wanted something new and fun to play so I could re-learn everything. I’m currently at level 66 with 50 of 55 Devotion points unlocked.

Anyway, I’m quite confused by the Devotions section. I just got to the point where I was told to remove Akeron’s Scorpion, but after I did that I went looking at the Grim Tools you referenced in Leveling. All three for level 50, 65, and 75 still have it. Was I supposed to take it away at some point and put it back? Right before this the guide also said to add Raven and I don’t see that either.

What I am asking is do I follow the Devotions section of your guide or do I go by what’s on your level 75 Grim Tools link here: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWGLMLV

Thank you, you are awesome!

1 Like

Both variants are viable. The one in the GT link is for extra safety on HC during levelling while the one in Devotion section is more damage. I’ve been meaning to respec to the one in the devotion section but then decided it’s fine as is.

You’re welcome.

1 Like

Appreciate the build & detailed leveling section! As a former D2/D3 player this has been super helpful to learn the game mechanics and some of the interactions between damage/skills/conversions/etc.

Wanted to get your & the community’s thoughts on the Lethal Assault/Pneumatic Burst change in the latest patch. Do you think switching the early investment from Lethal Assault to Pneumatic Burst would be warranted, or is the Acid damage increase from LA the more important aspect than the OA? New to the game so trying to get a feel for the higher priority boosts/stats.

Having a ton of fun with this build so far! Got lucky with Mutagenic Ichors and steamrolled Warden Krieg with maxed Nidalla’s & Night’s Chill + Envenomed Weapons.

OA isn’t super important early on, focus on flat and %damage.

Glad you’re having fun :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you have a guide for everything??

Thanks for ANOTHER distraction from the work I’m supposed to be doing right now…

You’re welcome!

Advice:

after reset the game for the new patch. I choose this build for my starter and You can easy farm the mad queen claws. All you need to to is: attack for 6 seconds. run away for 6 seconds. attack for 6seconds. run away for 6seconds. attack … etc… I never tried to kite her but if you get the timing right you can kill her and farm the weapon.
I found the weapons a huge upgrade.

1 Like

I’m probably just missing it, but where to stat points go on this build? Are they all physique?

you can open grim tools. then put mouse over the stats and you see number of points invested in each stat. That is what I do when figuring out build stat points

Awesome! I never noticed that!

Starting with 2 Viloth rings :slight_smile: abb has good Power than… Zhareth when you Push CTRL + Shift you can see how many skill points were unvested without + Skills from The items in Grim tools

And Zhareth. Dont forget to Download Grim internals+Full rainbow and ITem assistant. You will love it :slight_smile:

Im now 23 standing at last Devotion Shrine of Act1 … works very good :slight_smile:

Hi. I played this build around January of 2020, but because of COVID I was unable to play ANYHING at all.
I finished the sstory on normal with it and I liked it a lot.
Is the build still viable to get to end-game (not farm it, just to get to it) in the current patch?

Yes, it is still viable.

1 Like

Thank you!!

I have been loving this guide so far, thanks! For the Devotions, why did you choose Revenant as opposed to something that may simply boost Poison/Acid damage, or OA/DA?

Revenant’s skill at the end Raise the Dead lowers the resistances on enemies for all damage types making them take more damage, including the build’s Acid/Poison damage. It’s one of the strongest ways of increasing a character’s damage output and especially helps when it comes to dealing with enemies or Bosses that heavily resist your damage type - meeting something with 100+% Acid resistance without any way of lowering that is gonna sting :wink:.

Acid/Poison characters usually take Revenant or Manticore for the specific kind of resistance reduction it provides. What tips Revenant over here is that it also provides attack speed and life steal for auto-attackers.

1 Like