Easy/simple RR dmg scaling table/formula?

i get that, but it aint doing that

if monster has 50 res, you shred 100, you don’t deal 1.5 dmg, you deal 3xdmg
^no matter the value it’s only counting gains from beyond 0-negative X, and then it’s adding a value straight/1:1 to the numerical -resist value, not the actual dmg multiplier on would gain

and then you run the calc again and compare the damage multipliers

1 Like

what do you mean, there is no “running it again” in a single RR/dmg instance

this you need to do

1 Like

check my screenshot, that’s not what’s going on in this example

The damage multiplier is what assumed to be as follows:

• suppose a monster has no resistance and you have no RR

• then this is our base - 100% damage
  • now the calculator counts what percentage of this damage (or multiplier) we deal
    if we have RR or monster has resistance

1 Like

Now let’s say you want to calculate the effect of adding 100% RR to your character.

1. First we calculate with 50% monster resist and get 0.5 muliplier
  2. Then we calculate with 50% monster resist and 100% RR and we get 1.5 multiplier

We divide two multiplier and get 1.5 / 0.5 = 3 times more damage just as you wanted

1 Like

But will not factor in the effect of the initial res of the mob which is what you wanna do when comparing two RR set ups

1 Like

I explained it in my previous post :wink: you could have let me explain myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes, working from a base res of 0 that is what happens, but that’s not how the actual dmg calculation goes tho, since you are shredding resist of existing value, therefor you had initial dmg
say monster has 50res, nice avg, you hit it for 100k, <-- this is out initial value/base sample
^you shred 100resist, monster is now at minus50, you deal 300k dmg

which makes the calc erroneous because input wise it will let you do this in 1 go, but you actually have to do it manually twice because it can’t calculate if not from 0/having the x-0 input first
^since this is not a comparison value or question of gain from 1RR to another stack, but 1 straight application of RR in 1instance, but the calc doesn’t presume that since it only counts to-from 0, in separate steps

it would for instance in my example then require 3 sequences? , since first have to reduce to 0, 50-50, then from 0 to negative; the other 30; 0-30(80) - then one sequence more for the final 30 - to find the difference between 80 and 110 - -30-30=-60, then tally up the 3 multipliers?

You just tackle to many things at once and I cannot respond because you make a few wrong assumption at once. So please one thing at a time. I will quote one thing I think you’re wrong about, explain and you then respond. Trust me, you now completely don’t understand the calculator and I will try to explain it better to you.

1 Like

It does Ulvar What are you saying? :slight_smile: It does factor in the effect of initial res.

Right at the moment I don’t have time to explain it to @Gnomish_Inquisition
but I feel like I can get to @Ulvar1 quicker

What the calculator basically does is
calculate monster final resistance

If we’d like to calculate how much
adding 10% RR ring to the mix helps

we need to calculate monster final resistance again
there’s no way around it.

We could make a calculator that just calculate the change from adding -10% Res but it wouldn’t make sense
because for a general case we would have to include

• 2 -X% fields

• 2 X Reduced Target’s Resistances fields

• 2 %X Reduced Target’s Resistance fields

which doesn’t make sense since when can have 4 fields instead of 7 and just use calculator 2 times

ALSO the base damage when you have no RR or something has absolutely no use becacause you never have no RR :slight_smile:

This value is useless. You never calculate the base (although you can with calc) when you have 0 RR.
You calculate 90 RR and 100RR and compare the relative damage gain.

1 Like

not true, you can easily have 0 RR application despite having RR available :smile:, and the base value serves as a reference point that the dmg value/gains etc are correct - otherwise we’d just blindly trust in everything

but i see what you mean with your tool now, i just think it’s important to note/“highlight” that it doesn’t work for a 1:1/initial direct RR dmg gain comparison, it has to be used in sequence of RRvsNewRR gain, ie you have to use it twice no matter the application

and can i just say how amazing and awesome it is that you actually went and whipped this thing up just from my little silly RR stacking formula query :blush:
thank you so much for bothering to do that/saving me from manual calculators :sweat_smile: - really appreciate you doing it :+1: :trophy:

Thanks I just want it to say I would make it simpler if I could (and require 1 calculation)
it’s jus in general case you would need like 2 sets of parameters for the calculator
to work like you want. Wheras in this form you can have only 4 params and do the calculation twice and divide.

I will change it to

This way it will be more intuitive for you

1 Like

oh yea totally, for what i want it’s great, since my “special needs interest” is the gain from RR vs increased RR

i just think the highlighting can be important for possibly other people that might run in and do the same mistake i did and just think they can apply all their RR in once instance and check the multiplier from that - since it will then still require them to do 2instances and then compare their initial 0 RR with then their full in one RR to get useful multiplier like you showed me in post21

@Gnomish_Inquisition You can test the new version. It gives 3 multiplier in this case you mentioned.

[edit] If the fields on the right are blank, it means they get the same value as on the right
This is so that you don’t have to input so many numbers when not all resistances reduction are changing.

2 Likes

this is just freakin glorious!
amg this is soooo much simpler than me sitting with calculator trying to figure %gains out manually
- love it @tqFan !!!

Here’s the thread for these calculators. It’s under the Critical Hit Calculator in the OP

One can also modify the calculator’s defaults value easily I think:

• you need to click the HTML button and change values there

You can also copy this on Codepen.io and modify there and save (just need to import some weird stuff in setting but for that ask me).

@Gnomish_Inquisition
If the fields on the right are blank, it means they get the same value as on the right
This is so that you don’t have to input so many numbers when not all resistances reduction are changing.

1 Like