Easy way to auto-toggle a skill?

So without getting some program to do it, is there a way to auto toggle a skill?

As I’m sure everyone reading this knows, Overguard lasts 10 seconds and my build has it on a 9 sec CD. Is there an easy way to just have it auto-refresh every time it’s up?

Maybe see if there’s anything here that works.

If not, then maybe tqfan can make something for you.

2 Likes

If you don’t want to use a program then maybe the Numlock Trick (popular in Diablo 3 for example) works?

I haven’t tested it though.

I never did it in D3 so not exactly sure how it works, but I just tried following those instructions… several different ways with different keys, and I can’t seem to get it to work. I appreciate it though.

I am looking at the thread that was linked above, and initially it looks kind of confusing, lol. I just want to constantly refresh one button, really. I suppose an auto clicker program would be easiest for that?

Yeah, it’s kinda gimmicky. I had problems with it on laptop keyboard that doesn’t have native numlock key. But it’s doable.

I can send you a program with config so that you don’t need to get to know it if you want.
It’s easy once you get to know it and far more configurable than other options.

If you decide you can answer these questions

• what button you use for the skill, i.e. 3

• do you want Overguard to be autocast on your attack button, i.e. RMB or just all the time without your interaction

• if without the need of user’s interaction

• would you like it to start automatically once you get into the game

• what button to turn autocasting on/off - Tab or perhaps just the same button as the skill, i.e. 3 so that it doesn’t interrupt inventory management or when you’re typing something in Search field

• if with the need of user’s interaction, i.e. spam while you’re holding your main attack button, i.e. RMB

• what button, i.e. Tab or ` (over Tab) to turn it (this feature of additionaly pressing i.e. 3 while you’re holding Right Mouse Button) off so that it doesn’t interrupt inventory management or when you’re typing something in Search field

Explanation of interaction vs no interaction - sometimes when a temporary buff doesn’t have permanent up-time, you’d like to have more control over when it’s cast.

Hey, that would be awesome! Sorry I was at work and didn’t see your reply yesterday.

I suppose my answers would be:

Button: 4
All the time without interaction, not on startup, same button toggles it on/off

I think that answers everything?

1 Like

https://mega.nz/file/oc8jlQrY#vxKYXPaljEgj841VilthI8VRjQlG84pojy8B4vBT5SM
Instruction

• run GDAutocaster.exe and select the config (overguard.ini)

• Grim Dawn doesn’t need to but can be already running while you’re doing it

• some people report that they need to run the program as administrator

• not the case for most people and me personally
  • press 4 while Grim Dawn window is active to have autopressing of 4 every second turned on/off

• if you Alt-Tab from the game and then go back, the program takes around 3 seconds to start working again

• autocasting state will probably be preserved in that case
  • if you decide to change something in the config, you don’t need to restart the program or reload the config as it’s done automatically

• program can be running constantly on your computer as it’s very lightweight, you don’t need to turn it off

• also can be made to autostart with Windows (if you make a shortcut in startup with proper arguments) and automatically read your config so that you don’t have to run the program manually if you happen to turn off your computer (personally I just hibernate so I don’t need to have it set up like this)
  • if you don’t see .ini extension while looking at overguard.ini file in Windows, just overguard, I’d recommend to turn on displaying of extensions in Windows: Windows displays extensions

• it’s not necessary now but might be if you decide to make new text config file with .ini extensions for other characters

I did have to go turn on extensions, and it’s working perfectly.

Thanks man! Sure is nice not having to spam overguard every 9.5 seconds :smiley:

Very much appreciated.

1 Like

You tell me. I’m playing Dreeg’s Evil Eye at the moment with the following active skills:

1. Dreeg’s Evil Eye (main attack on RMB)
  2. Curse of Frailty
  3. Blood of Dreeg temporary buff
  4. Sigil of Consumption
  5. Ascension temporary buff
  6. Blight temporary buff (from relic)
  7. Pet Attack
  8. Vire’s Might
  9. Another Movement Skill

How many buttons I use instead of 9?

Skills from 4 to 7 are spammed automatically on RMB (: -4 Buttons
Blood of Dreeg is cast automatically without user’s interaction: -1 Button
Both Movement skills are cast with 1 Button: -1 Button

As a consequence, I use

• 1 Button for attacking / temporary buffing
  • 1 Button for movement skills
  • 1 Button for CoF
    • this could be automated as well honestly, single cast on RMB before DEE spam for 2 buttons in total instead of 9

That is absolutely amazing. Very cool.