Elemental/single element dmg conversion question, or its a bug?

Ok, to better explain here is example:

1. Build has 3 items equipped first has x% elemental conversion to aether, second has y% elemental conversion to aether third has z% fire conversion to aether.

2. x%+y%+z%> 100%

But build still has some portion of fire dmg in devastation breakdown.

If all 3 items have elemental to aether conversion and sum of their values (x%+y%+z%) is higher than 100% build doesn’t have any fire dmg in devastation breakdown.

Also if all 3 items have fire to to aether conversion and sum of their values (x%+y%+z%) is higher than 100% build doesn’t have any fire dmg in devastation breakdown.

So conclusion from first example with items that have mixed conversion (elemental to aether and fire to aether) is that one conversion (either elemental to aether or fire to aether) occurs first and other one comes later.

Pay attention that all conversions mentioned are occurring on items so it should be simultaneous? But its obviously not the case.

Question is which one occurs first? Also is it intended to work like that or that is some kind of bug? Or Im missing something?

My guess is one of those conversions is from a skill modifier and another from equipment? From the Game Guide:

The order of events for Conversion is as follows: Base Skill > Skill Modifiers > Conversion on the Skill or Transmuter > Conversion on Equipment and Buffs > Equipment, Auras and Passives

Otherwise, I got nothing :undecided:

Like I wrote: Pay attention that all conversions mentioned are occurring on items.

To be even more specific in first case (mixed conversion):

1.Decree of aldrich elemental to aether
2.Diviners raiment elemental to aether
3.Mythical cord of violent decay fire to aether

For testing purposes used also:

1. Mythical dreadfire
  2. Arcane shard of agrivix
  3. Reaper of the accursed

There is a degree of sequence to how the conversion is applied.

Basically, the game tallies up all the conversion of X to Y together, then applies them. It then tallies up A to B, then applies it. Etc.

So in your case…you have Elemental to Aether, and Fire to Aether. To the game, these are different “types” and so they are applied sequentially. The order of events this occurs in would take some digging, but not sure it’s that important.

This occurs twice, first for conversion from skills, and then for conversion from gear (essentially the game tallies up conversion on skills and item independently, so Aether to Elemental on a Skill would be considered a different “type” from Aether to Elemental on an Item).

Under no circumstances can damage be converted twice though (ex. can’t do fire to aether, then aether to chaos)

I understand what you mean, but that is not the case in all conversion types.
For instance when converting physical dmg to other dmg types.
But I guess this is special case cuz dmg that is going to be converted is counted as two types of dmg first as elemental and as 2nd as fire, or other way around.

So its more like: X to Y, Z, etc tallied together than A to B, C, etc tallied together.

And ofc that dmg cant be converted twice cuz that would make infinite loop in certain situation. For example when you have items that are converting physical to elemental and elemental to physical or so.

Thx for fast help, much appreciated :slight_smile: