Embarrassing moments from GD

It seems like even the devs don’t know about town portal “trick”.

The same happened to me recently. I was juggling with items to fit them all in a seemingly ONLY TAB in the stash. :eek::rolleyes::stuck_out_tongue:

What is that “portal trick”? It wouldn’t surprise me to know I don’t know it…

I usually hit “M” key to create riftgates.

You open the world map, click rift on it and your character rifts to the place instead of open rift -> click rift -> click where you want to go. 2 seconds of gaming time saved! :rolleyes:

My own shameful pleasure is still using the character loading exploit, getting normal characters onto ultimate for that sweet, free experience from the Spirit Guide and Rook, that’s a few levels up in one go :smiley:

What exploit…

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=442926

Also I think you guys fixed it

Now that’s some hard core RP there.:cool:

Nice thread. :slight_smile:

I wanted to post something like that when (if ever) I have finished Port Valbury but here they are:

1. Till Lvl 81 I didn´t know that I have to invest in the Mastery Bar to get Attribute Points/Hit Points. There IS an announcement in the loading screens but I ignored it…(This is an embarassing because I´m a teacher and once a week I tell my pupils, when they ask how to do something, “RTFM!” (I use kinder words…))

2. I got my build. I got my items. Everyone can facetank Mad Queen in the videos. I can, too! Shadow Step and Go for it!..No, I cannot. She showed me several times.

3. Shadow Step is one reason why I shouldn´t ever play Hardcore. When I get careless, Shadow Step into everything is fun. When trying to clear BoC in Elite with a full-equipped Lvl 85 Bleeding Trickster (lame…) I shadowstepped everything. Three Heros…no problem! All buffs up, 200 % Attack Speed, Howl of Mogdrogen running…

One was blinking ominously…and I was dead.

1. Aether Patches. I know them all. You can see the bones of my toon on every patch in Cairn.

2. It is not the best idea trying to equip a toon when Merchant-Window is open. Byebye Guthook Belt (after 10 minutes I recognized I sold him…no rebuy…).

I think for the first 400 hours, I was under the assumption that Writs/Mandates worked by just sitting in your inventory.

I grinded 2 or 3 characters reputation up to Revered for all Factions all the while wondering why the amounts I was getting for Heroes/Bosses/Bounties didn’t change compared to when I didn’t have Writs/Mandates originally but I just grew used to it and never thought to check until I read on the forums that they were consumable.

I am often short on Aether Crystals and sometimes die in aetherfire, when I greedily want to pick one up.

I’m fast approching a thousand hour and if we can really do that I just did learn it

To be fair I discovered it by accident early on, so it’s not a big deal if players miss this

Yeah, that’s the one. Was it fixed? Funny, guess I’ve never had gotten the patch that supposedly was meant to fix this exploit :rolleyes:

Freshly made screen:

Ok…so you’re running the latest version of the game?

Because I cannot reproduce the steps from that thread anymore.

Of course http://www.mediafire.com/view/7lc3am379ni9tgf/ofcourse.jpg#

Although after reading that thread, my way of accessing Ultimate on Normal character’s is a bit different the Koalei0’s.

I’m sure you’re getting a kick out of this, but can we skip the part where you rub your trick in my face and simply tell me what the bug is so we can fix it?

I’d rather, you know, get back to work on the expac and all.

If it helps, I’m on the latest GOG version and I can’t seem to scroll through characters when the difficulty selection menu is open. The mouse wheel and arrow keys are disabled at least and I can’t think of any other binds that would do it…

Ok just tested it.

It does work. BUT it actually create a Rift

I kinda was thinking you could go directly to the world map and Rift Away (meaning you could go to place A leave your portal. Move to place B use the Map and then take your Portal as a kind of Permanent Rift for the game session if you never opened it again) Guess it was obvious that it would “take away” your previously opened rift but it did sound a whole lot cooler than it is really.

I remember this one time i was playing on my max level aether fire sorc and everything was going perfectly fine on ultimate. Of course that was until i ran into everyone’s favorite commander Lucius, after a slightly long and drawn out battle with a few close calls here and there i see him prepping his meteor barrage style attack. Seeing this i instinctively went to pop my mirror as a precautionary measure, and much to my surprise i hit the wrong button, deactivated my aether resist aura, and proceeded died instantly…

That was also the first time I’ve ever died on that character, damn you Lucius for ruining my perfect KD ratio!

Boasting to a friend about facetanking Fabius in crucible then getting one-shotted by The Mad Queen in the next wave. XD