End game of grim dawn

I finally reached end game and got to level 100. I completed the campaign on ultimate.

Is the end game of grim dawn to start another character or is it fairly easy to farm for upgrades ?

I made another character and having quite a lot of fun leveling a different class but I also would like my main guy to get a bit stronger and be able to farm the crucible (right now I can’t get very far). I am mainly trying to get different parts of the dagallons set.

If you can run sr65-66 with your char, you’ll get a lot of legendaries to upgrade with, otherwise farm rogue dungeons and monster totems. Crucible is one of the endgame modes, along with Shattered Realm. Can also max out enemy reputation to nemesis and farm those guys as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer.
I am sorry, I do not know what sr-65-66 means. I played through the campaign of grim dawn but I am quite unfamiliar with that term.

Shattered Realm level 65-66 (second expansion required)

2 Likes

What @The_Coyote said. In the Conclave of the Three, it’s the massive circle with two sphinx eagle thingies on each side, talk to the dude there and get a portal open, then grind your way up. (Btw if grind is too tedious I can boost you to shard 65)

1 Like

Hi,
That would be really appreciated !

1 Like

K. At work now but I’ll pm you in like, say, 5 hrs.

It depend on how strong your build is.
Generally, to be eligible for endgame content, you should have around 30% overcap on all damage resistances (except bleed, maybe - just cap is usually enough), capped stun res, good freeze & slow resistances, a solid DPS (~150k+, along with all possible resist reductions to the damage you deal), armour, HP pool and ADCtH.
The strength of various build may vary greatly.
For example, my cold DE Reaper, used as starting character dies from random insta-gibs in Morgoneth’ rogue dungeon on Ultimate, and quickly dies from last boss even with potions and Aether Cluster, usually in first 2 seconds (succeded only 2 times of ~15 attempts). Even though he completed Ultimate and all DLCs, has properly overcapped resists, etc.
On other hand, my vitality EoR Archon just facetanks everything in abovementioned dungeon like a god of war (including last boss), without any danger or potions used. He is even able to fully complete Challenger crucible (170 waves) without using any tributes (and with 2 buffs, it becomes a stomp too). And all that with just a build-enabling weapon and a bunch of random MI’s and legendaries i got from leveling and just a bit of MI farming (hell, my gloves are still lvl68 and relic is lvl35). If i go there with my Reaper, i bet he wont make it even to 150 wave…
A true endgame in this game is final waves of Gladiator Crucible, high shards of Shattered Realm (something like 75+) and celestial superbosses (Avatar of Mogdrogen, Callagadra, etc.). But you need to have a really strong and well-geared build to be eligible for those.

@AngmarDT @WyreZ @ you guys as well, maybe you’ll be interested to in some tanky variant.

Reapers can be very tanky if built properly, I played SSF Cold DE and it was unkillable in Main Campaign and felt great to play.

Here you can see Cold DE vs Ravager, it’s basically naked (only Energy pots) and I don’t even use Mark of Torment, Cluster, Blade Barrier, I think I used PB once to reactivate it and Health pot once in this fight. It’s far tankier than needed actually. Probably the safes Ravager kill in my career.

Ravager fight

I also facetanked Callagadra with this build two times but I think she bugged out because she didn’t spawn big tornadoes. I still should be able to kill her without this bug (?), just with some kiting in like 5 minutes or so.

Calla fight

@BOG Do you really think it’s necessary for you to necro 30 threads all many months old that have already been answered?
I get that you feel you have some additional insight but come on.

Maybe with lots of great items, but i wasnt able to with what i found. I lacked both DPS and tankiness, and as a veteran player, i doubt i made any significant mistakes with my build and itemization.

What do I have to do to change your mind? Some boss kills / SR runs with budget items? I might be able to kill Ravager too

Chillwhisper Reaper (i took gt link from fight with Ravager), i have two comments:

• you can still add 2 points to make Hungering Reach 19/12, where it is 9% adcth.
  • if you equip Mythical Cord of Violent Decay, you can hardcap Hungering Reach at 22/12 where it gains 12% adcth 35% chance of affecting 6 targets (instead of 5). Of course, +1 to nightblade is lost so it’s not straightforward. Since you don’t need so much pierce/poison res, you can slap health/da augments instead.

or is the conversion (Vitality to Cold) is lost in such case?

1 Like

I need the global Vit → Cold for Vit → Acid on the scepter to be less detrimental to the build.

It was deliberate