Endgame content for FG

powbam: Maybe one of these days, if I get bit by the curiosity bug and I have the time to boot, I will give it a look. Atm, Windows is good enough for what I need to do. Right now that is Grim Dawn. Good to know that it is relatively user friendly.

For the most part I agree - I happen to like Windows (and yes, I like 10 just fine and see no reason to be using older versions anymore). But I also enjoy using Linux from time to time and seeing the progress that has been made in the Linux world towards making it more palatable to the end-user and I can tell you - it has come a loooong way from the day years ago I first began dabbling with it.

Most noobies will begin with Ubuntu or Linux Mint (which derived from Ubuntu). Both are very noobie-friendly.

Another which is also noobie-friendly is Manjaro - ironically, Manjaro is based on one of the hardest types of Linux distros to learn, Arch. Arch is famous because you build Arch from the ground up. Meaning you start with no GUI - nothing - and you put it all together piece-by-piece, brick-by-brick.

Manjaro is my preferred distro these days and I like it because it is a fully built Arch distro (no need to build this one from the ground up), beautifully constructed and very smooth and enjoyable to use. And just as easy as any Ubuntu-based distro would be. Arch-based distros are also rolling releases, meaning you never have to upgrade to a new “version”, like you would going from Windows 7 to Windows 8 etc. It is similar to Windows 10 in that it is meant to be upgraded infinitely going forward (a rolling release) and therefore “versions” are largely meaningless.

If you ever want to give Linux a go and have any questions then by all means, just make a thread in Totally Random and ask away.