Energy leech and weapon damage mechanics questions

Hi Folks,

I have some questions related to the mechanics of Energy Leech, that I can’t answer by consulting the usual guides.

Let’s have a look at Arcane Spark.

1. I assume the Energy Leech scales with weapon damage. So dealing 1/3 weapon damage will result in 15 Energy Leech over 3 seconds, right?
  2. Will it scale beyond 100%? E.g. by dealing 200% weapon damage with a single hit, will I leech 90 energy over 3 seconds or is it capped at 100%?
  3. Hitting two enemies with 100% WD (each) by a single strike, will I receive 2 times 45 (=90) energy leech over 3 seconds?
  4. Hitting one enemy at the same time with multiple instances of weapon damage, e.g. using phantasmal blades, will I receive the energy leech (scaled down by %WD) only once or for each hit/projectile?
  5. Assuming I have not only energy leech through Arcane Spark, but also Soul’s Touch equipped. How do multiple instances of Energy Leech stack? By dealing a single strike with 100% WD to an enemy, will I be granted the higher leech of arcane spark only or will it add up to (45+~20=) 65 Energy Leech over 3 seconds?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

First I’d like to tell you that it’s great and its effect is highly noticeable.
Even saw 2 of them used in a 2h Crossbow Chaos FoI which is known for extreme Energy usage.
And if it’s used instead of Seal of Annihilation by a certain great builder then you know it’s very valuable.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN49xkm2

Scaled with %Weapon damage on the skill from 1% to 100%. Btw Reduced % Target resistances on items not as a proc but just a stat also scales with that.

Should be capped at 100% just like other similar stuff.

Not sure about this but it definitely stacks in some form because otherwise there’s no way for it being as effective as it seems to be.

Should stack, I’ve already given you example with 2 Arcane Sparks used. And I’m 100% sure it was tested and not done mindlessly.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your answers. I too find Energy Leech highly effectivy, at least when energy regeneration is way lower then your energy consumption, its likely easier to get Energy Leech instead of drastically increasing energy regeneration.

I also expect the answer to question 5 to be that it stacks.

I’m actually most curious about question 4.

1 Like

I’m unsure on 4 as well but my gut feeling says that because it’s still a DoT being applied from your weapon that it won’t stack with itself, even if applied via multiple hits/projectiles from one skill. I could be entirely wrong however.

I do agree on energy leech being super useful though, either in fat chunky amounts like Scale’s 400/2s at max level or for flat leech on AoE weapon skills where you can apply it to crowds at will.