EoR WL: 3x naked cruci clear in ~24 minutes + Death on 160

I’m really just trying to keep an open mind. Perhaps the problem lies with the skill itself, or with the WB set, and not the WL per se.

Or maybe it’s a combination of all 3 things.

7.25 is dangerous close to my best times I recorded in FG with 4b/1banner:D.Warlords…

I don’t think it’s the skill itself, or all builds would be great with it, which they obviously are not. It’s mostly the set I think, and a little bit the fact that soldier builds have no problem with casting debuffs and such, just hold down that button and they’re fine.

Is this the DW version with a Bero sword offhand then?

And if so, how much of this is the synergy between the set and the sword?

Preface - everything I’m about to say is just my opinion, so take it as you will.

While beronath sword is undoubtedly BiS, the the sword does impose an inherent 10% drop in phys damage (it has 10% armor piercing).

This seems fair to me.

I also don’t think the OP’ness can be attributed to the sword/set combination alone, because if it did, the sentinel would be more competitive.

EDIT: @avyctes - I’ll PM you my explanation.

All I have to say is:

…not quite a 10% drop in phys damage. First off, pierce mods on weapons are local so any mainhand hits and all your soulfire damage will be completely unaffected. Also, while I have no hard proof, I really doubt the pierce ratio would work on already converted damage.

Good point about that still not helping explain why the sentinel falls down though.

Why warlord is the best spinner, in my opinion:

1. For maximum spin efficiency, you need to be spinning as much as possible, this is easy for a warlord because your resist reduction is almost all passive, put assassin’s mark on guardians, nothing to do there. All you need is the occasional warcry and that’s it. Soldier has most of its power in passives and auras, very efficient. Other classes have self buffs, debuffs and whatnot to cast, which lowers the time available to spin, which is bad.
  2. Physical damage is the easiest type to debuff, since there are very few moving parts. Only one devotion proc as mentioned, which can be put on a pet, and war cry, which has a long cooldown. After you cast it you have up to seven seconds of uninterrupted spinning time. No need for CoF, wind devils or anything like that. Efficient.
  3. The best EoR set just happens to be both physical and tailored to warlord, reinforcing the previous two points.

While armor actually hampers physical EoR’s damage output rather harshly, you are right to say that this limitation can be built around.

P.S: Video has been added

It’s not much of a limitation with that crucible time is it?

WB Sentinel
Unfortunately, I couldn’t be bothered recording any videos for it - suffice to say that it cannot hope to compete with the WL.

Mate, i’m sorry to say but I don’t quite understand this.

Besides not testing it fully cause CoF (War cry? ) and saying straight up it cannot compete, EoR is not cadence so it will benefit less from the aggressive flat dmg WB sentinel provides for a Witch blade warborn. It’s just nice synergy for defense in this particular case with ok offense. All builds have one combo that is better than others. Why does EoR WB need to be better or equal to WL?

I mean if you advocate for nerfs, again, I guess something will happen no worries. Personally I find EoR kinda slow and the main attraction is the ‘‘drive by’’ nature of it

Also same WL vs WB cadence. The fact that so many people think WL is better still boggles my mind. I guess time needs to pass to get through with it

Sorry fluff - I really tried to make it competitive. I just couldn’t find a way around it. :confused:

It may very well be a crafting oversight on my part, which is why I’m not pushing for nerfs with this thread.

I want to understand if I’m overlooking anything.

I really am trying to reserve judgement, but it’s hard to balance that and voicing my opinion.

If you want, I can record a video for the sentinel

Like i said above. WL EoR might very well be better than Sentinel cues EoR has low %WD. But if you go back, there was talk on the forum that Cdence WB WL is better than Witchblade too which is so not true hurts. I’m not even a fan of phys Cadence Witchblades (phys RF sentinel maybe:p ) or the Warborn set. I’m just saying…

So it’s ok if WL is better in one case over another. It’s the same with so many other builds. You made a good build here P:) you don’t need to compare it to others

You’re probably seeing something that I’m not (which wouldn’t be surprising in the least).

I also admit that I usually build weird/whacky builds so maybe that colors my perspective.

Maybe this is what you can expect when you use things the way they are meant to be used.

Which brings me back to the original question - is the WB/WL in an acceptable state?

Which one of them?

Retal will be nerfed

EoR, i guess we will see. Like i said it’s the mechanical convenience of it, less the raw power.

What else. Octavius? It should have been nerfed long ago. Old story.

Cadence - I’m very sure Witchblade is competitive

My biggest question is the energy requirements of WB EoR &/or energy sustain provided by presence of virtue.

I also think the DPS is pretty good :eek:

I mean, it’s no belgo BM, but what is? :stuck_out_tongue:

PoV makes so many other weird builds possible though, I would hesitate to touch it because this one build is perhaps a bit too strong.

You want the energy sustain gone? So many builds had mana issues during testing with Pov Line maxed reserving so much of your energy. It has the same reserve as Mog Pact. That is why some regen was added to it. Don’t take it for granted :P. I was one of the people that whined about energy btw, and it wasn’t even EoR. It was a phys RF Sentinel

DpS is good yes, i never questioned that. I don’t know what to say about this. I was comparing two different cases.

That belgo is tuned to be fun in particular circumstances. No buffs would turn it into a caricature at which point you might was well go phys BM(or sentinel) Warborn as JoV did for no buff no banner.

Each type of build claims it’s own prize. Consistency vs raw DpS

Fair enough, maybe an inherent increase to energy cost to the set then?

Because it IS true that other EoR builds (minus john’s cyclone build) struggle moreso than WB EoR.

EDIT: No fluff, I don’t want it gone. I’m just listing out the various options available… :confused:

I mean - I really don’t need energy potions on the build. Surely that’s a little strange? Spam casting something like chillspikes or biting blades with caster armor/caster offhand will make you run dry faster than phys EoR

I don’t know whether nerf to PoV will affect much Warlords,but will destroy my plans for vitality DE and will have slight impact on my beginners RE build:undecided: