Epic Compendium of Epic set Builds

Yeah, but I’d rather take casting speed than cdr (or any stat on Dreadwalker off-hand), if I had to choose. That was my point.
Casting speed increases damage and survival more than any amount of cdr. I can barely cap it with Dying God on my legendary setup so it would be nice to have another ~10% as safety margin.

Greens :unamused: At least shoulders can be farmed while hunting for the medal but so it’s not that bad.
But why Possession? Skill Disruption is nice but not necessary for vit DE imo (we have hefty vit decay so damage doesn’t stop completely when we get interrupted), dmg absorption is nice but DE is tanky af anyway. Meanwhile, Harbinger has everything we need. I tried Ill Omen but it’s counter-productive with DE’s short reach. Also, why Uroboruuk for relic? Impurity has nice proc and it’s fully converted to vitality - seems like a better choice. I’m still considering it but OA from Solael’s Malice is important, damage falls off quickly with DE when you don’t crit.

Other than that, it looks nice. It’s definitely better defensively than my version. Maybe I’m chasing DPS too hard.

And the best part is - you don’t need it. DE alone provides more than enough.
It’s almost like Crate intended DE to be a support/filler skill to quickly heal/sustain yourself while other stuff in on CD (like Doom Bolt or Devastation) and not to be constantly channelled. Ridiculous energy cost also suggests this.
But then you have 3 node skill that requires a lot of investment to make it decent - too much for a filler skill.

well you have green medal so no idea why you are complaining…
And I have like 200 of those shoulders and pants saved with decent affiex I did not even took my best one for this to keep it somewhat reasoable, you get so many while doing SR so why not use them? The medal is the hardest item to get for sure.

Farming nemesis shoulders and legs in Campaign?hehe no way

Also, the rule 4 states you can use whatever item you want as long as full epic set is used.

I kinda switch between Possession and Harbinger, not sure what I like the most.

Casting speed.

I have done SR 80 with it. In 1.1.8 patch that is.
For regular Campaign play you do not need the DR from Possession for sure.

Anyway, I wanna do more testings etc before i post the build in its “final form” etc :slight_smile: it was nice to see yours as a comparison!

Well, there’s no good replacement for it. Perhaps, M. Undying Oath but I don’t have one lying around.
I don’t use mods so I don’t keep greens in stash (unless something drops for a build that I already have), only interesting legendaries. I like MIs for leveling but I avoid builds that have them in final setups, unless it’s specified that affixes don’t matter. Recently I spent some hours trying to find some decent Yeti Horn for my Elementalist and I gave up because nothing was as good as my lv70 double-rare…

Is it worth it, though? 6% casting speed vs ~200 OA from Solael’s Decimation. DE relies on crits a lot.

Thanks.
My version certainly lacks optimization, but it’s because Dreadwalker is just there to fill the gap until I find last two legendaries for my “final setup”.

Too bad for you then. Just because you do not play with mods don’t mean that others are not allowed to. The items exists in the game and I have farmed a lot to get them :slight_smile:

yeah mean OA like this? :wink: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOLamY2 I just changed components and augments and shoulder. Thing is, I do not wanna use “living armor” and stuff until I know what to do. Build is still in testing phase. I got side tracked and 2 more patches has come so I have to catch up.

That will also be interesting to see. I have made several DE builds, and have one “final setup” for vit DE already that I am playing from time to time. I kinda made this just for some kind of comparison. Kinda “ok happy” with it but can be improved.

I missed to comment on this:

you do not steal life from vit decay, so you have to rely on the procs for sustain during disrupt, stunned, frozen etc.

I’m not criticizing you for it. Just explaining my situation and reasoning for using as little greens as possible. I’m playing self-found and I don’t have unlimited stash so I use what I drop or can obtain in a reasonable amount of time.

Not sure. I’m having some doubts about it because that setup loses ~200% vit damage and ~400% aether damage, which is a lot. But it has some procs, an aura, maxed casting speed (with dying god at least), 10% more vit RR, stronger Sigils more phys res, armor and probably better resistances.
It should be tankier and have more sources of damage at the expense of DE’s damage.

I solved this problem with Sigils which also help when I have to stop DE to apply RR and proc Soul Harvest (although, Bone Harvest fills my HP, too). Between procs (scales devotion, items) and sigils I can stay alive for noticeable amount of time even while doing nothing.
Better CC resist is definitely needed, but I will worry about it when I’ll start doing deep SR. What I have now is enough to survive nemesis, roque-like dungeons and Celestial Totems.

Stormserpent Saboteur = https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26rBXb2

Success = consistent death. It hardly kills Morgoneth, can complete 65-66 with a few deaths :smiley: I mean really it’s not even rougelike farmer, no guarantee that you kill Gargabol etc. I wouldn’t even dare to say it can complete some end-game ‘‘content’’ safely. You can kill totems at tops.

2 Likes

Means? :slight_smile: What content have you done with the build?

done 10/chars

1 Like

Can you include that in the post above? My thoguth was that I can link to posts in this thread where there is a GT link and some mentionings of performance. Now it has to be 2 links…

1 Like

mad_lee’s Sharpshooter
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXwEW8Z

3 Likes

awesome! Thanks

Could you sort the set alphabetically (excluding “The” in the sorting)?

Deceiver using Augur set:

[1.1.7.2] Cataclysm+Augur proc based Deceiver, CR+/SR75 - Grim Dawn / Classes, Skills and Builds - Crate Entertainment Forum

Theorycraft for Baldir’s Commando: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRdmmP2

2 Likes

Yeah I will at some point, kinda needed now when there are many builds :smiley:

Thanks nery I added it!

@tqFan I think I got it alphabetical order now

1 Like

I tweaked the build a bit, and recorded a video of the unseeing gaze trickster

4 Likes

Anyone heard anything from @Ulvar1 ? He is absent for nine consecutive days and didn’t reply to the messages. I only know he lives in Norway so I don’t have any contact to ask if he’s okay. Just curious though, maybe he is taking a break from the game&forum. Hope he is okay.

I knew I wasn’t imagining he’s become inactive for some days now. But I mean lots of shit can eat all the time (yeah, even to drop by a forum), so I guess we’ll hear from him sometime soon. (in before he posts tomorrow “hoo boy that was a good vacation”)

1 Like

I don’t know if it would qualify, as it is still a WIP and hasn’t proven anything yet, but here’s my Shieldbreaker build using the Blazeseer set :slight_smile:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4O7gmZ

It’s been two weeks, we might have lost a die-hard fan :confused: