FaceTANNNNK?

Hey folks,

Is there a facetank class/build that can go toe-to-toe with trash and boss mobs alike? One that doesn’t have to run away and kite all the time?

Thanks for any info!

Warder and Conjurer. Free health/resists, wendigo totem, blood of dreeg, armor/armor absorption, physical resist. These class combos offer a lot for being tanky

Witchblade with Sigil of Consumption … and a Blightshard Amulet.

Thanks, guys!

Are there links to these builds anywhere? I’m totally new.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36239&highlight=trade try this

You find suggestions in the latest Build Compendium.

This is the projected build for my Witchblade tank. It is intended as a pet-hybrid and has worked well with Marrow Band, shields with the Keeper’s prefix, Salazar’s Sovereign Blade and especially the aforementioned Blightshard Amulet. But don’t worry if you do not find these items, the build is rather character centric.

Jajaja posted a warder guide recently that fits your criteria:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41810

Easy to gear up, tanky, and you can swap for more dps while still remaining tanky as you get better gear.

The way Ultimate plays these days, you pretty much have to be able to face tank almost everything with almost all builds. Just about any build that can’t isn’t viable in Ultimate. The devotion abilities allow you to do this. You don’t face tank constantly, but for periods of time. What you do is get huge amounts of health regeneration and you tank while the regen abilities are up.

In almost every guide you will see that the build uses either Giant’s Blood or Healing Rain or both. This is why.

The most straightforward way is to go 2H Shaman - Warder or Conjurer. See jajaja’s 2 recent build postings. The Warder requires less gear to be viable and is probably easier as a first character.

Most’s “how to play callidor’s tempest” guide is another example. It’s a build that wouldn’t normally be though of as tanky on first glance, but it is. The gear is hard to get and it’s been moderatly nerfed since the guide was written, but is still good. (The devotion setup on this build is brilliant.)

I have a sword & board blademaster that fairs pretty damn well in ultimate, can’t deal with the mad queen and Mr. McBoozename (I assume, not dropping proper name so I don’t spoil it for people that don’t know). Hit 85 before he got to Fort Ikon so no idea how he is with loghorrean ult.