Farmer build for noob

Hi all,

I´m a noob and is looking for a good starter build to farm items in ultimate.

Can you give some recommendations?

Someone mentioned a battlemage is a good option due to the high survivability, but a big minus
is a lack of RR against bosses.

By browsing GrimSheets, it seems that some of the strongest combinations are Spellbinder and Dervish, but perhaps only if you already have some great items.

Ideas and thoughts?

anything here will get you farm capable

Let´s say I also want something that would be top S tier and could transcend being a mere farming build after certain items has been acquired.

What would your choice be?

Again, any of the beginner builds can be transtitioned into an endgame one.

Surely, but is it not reasonable to assume that some would be stronger than others?

path 9.2 will shake things up a bit
but you can just take any SR75/celestial/Cruci sub5min class from the ETE sheet, then pick that class from the beginner builds

Wow, so there will be a patch 9.2? I thought Crate would not release any more patches?

Is AAR Spellbinder considered bad?

not even remotely :sweat_smile:

We will be mostly doing aether and elemental right? Isn´t aether one of the worst damage types in the game?

1 Like

:crate: is addicted to making patches at this point. They even brought it to a new level this time with patch beta testing and multiple iterations on it.

Crate will continue to support the game for as long as they think it’s needed. No new content, but balancing patches.

Just the way it works. We do the same with closed testing, a patch will go through several iterations before you even see it.

1 Like

aether is one of the best dmg types in the game
and you will have a full aether beam, 0 elemental dmg as AAR binder

Aether AAR Spellbinder is great option! You have natural synergy for aether, active defenses and farmable items with AAR mods. You have end game set in Clairvoyant but build can work with the farmable Krieg set or no set at all.

You have also lots of different options in the beginners compendium, most of mine or Stupid Dragon’s guides for instance are meant to serve as bridge to some of the strongest end game builds.

1 Like

But aetherials is one of the main opposing factions which are highly resistant to aether?

I thought the main way to do AAR was to convert aether to elemental through star pact and boost it twice through Iskandra?

elemental is more resisted than aether
and you have lots of aetherial racism avail to you, ex fabric of reality

Is there some kind of tier list for damage types?

nope, any dmg type can in the end be made into a killer build, it’s just about the class, skills and itemization to make it happen
tho currently elemental builds like fire have a bit of an RNG issue with certain enemies being capable of spawning with skyhigh resists on items they wear
hopefully that should be taken cared of in 9.2 (i think?), not for main campaign tho, there it’s intended

2 Likes