Farthest Frontier v0.7.4

Thank you for the quick hotfixes. Will we ever see a notification for traders arriving at the trading post in future?

4 Likes

They’ve mentioned that they want to improve this, so something is coming.

2 Likes

Could you fix them not cutting down trees when the log supply is 0? Lol, there’s 19 labors and no logs. All year. Something went wrong. Lol.

1 Like

Have you highlighted an area for them to cut trees in?

Are you using the harvest tool to mark trees for collecting? The Clear tool, for example, is a separate tool from that.

The laborer and builders need to prioritize better. Had 30 homes destroyed due to them focusing on building fences instead.

1 Like

Yeah, It was on harvest not clear. I even prioritized the trees and they froze to death. a basic blacksmith or something would be helpful.

Using the UI scale still has the Trading window off the screen so it needs to be moved each time it is opened.
Also this patch seemed to introduce a heap more lagging into the game compared to the previous version.

5 Likes

Any thoughts to adding a quarry or something to make harvesting stone easier?
I feel like I run out almost immediately all the time.

4 Likes

When are you updating? too many bugs

Can’t wait to play with the next version :hot_face:

That’s great to hear that you’re thinking about those options for end-game and are working on it. Thanks for replying so fast as well.

You also asked a great question!
I think the answer depends on play-style and one’s experience with the game.

Personally, I’m brand-new to the game and I’m still on my first save at 19 hours, so I wouldn’t say that I understood the game that well until a ways through (I probably wasted just a few resources, just a few).

That said, between building roads, walls, apiaries (I like bees and beer), and fighting the sometimes bulk decay of my structures (often when I come back to the game), I expend quite a bit of stone that I usually just buy from merchants since stone is hard to find. My city doesn’t really have that many decorations outside of the core as well. I also should mention that I’ve extended my resource gatherers quite a ways away, too.

While we’re on the subject of resources… It would be awesome if there was an option at worksites to harvest and plant trees (as long as the cash is flowing) like a real tree farm. Or maybe even just have the farm concept be adapted to fit trees and other scavenge-only plants.

I have loads of other feedback but this is probably highest on my list. The other stuff relates to mostly performance issues and UI consolidation.

Hi! It believe that if the workers don’t have access to good tools they can’t do their jobs.

If the devs are making the tools lose their sharpness over time, new tools need to be created or acquired ‘elsewhere’.

Same goes for weapons. =)

LOL, literally just releases and already working on fix.
there’s always that one person…

1 Like

What can I say, I find the broke. I did have tools, I checked my save. Must have been just the game, because my other ones all have been fine. No idea what got into the AI on that one. I have noticed that there isn’t a reduction in the Bee hive’s production when you stack them right by each other. I mean 3 or 4 would probably not reduce the output, but at some point there is only so much pollen. I would also like a way to set the year cycle to more or less 3 years. Like a slider. Early game you are just trying to get the field going, then later a 4 or 5 year cycle would be best. Just trying to give helpful thoughts. Also, I think road upgrades should be tied to usage, and automatically upgrade when they generate so many footpaths or something. I got other ideas if I can be of help.

Totally get it, and didn’t mean to be such a knob about it. It just felt like expectations where sky high for an early release game. Maybe my expectations were too low to start. Either way, all good, plenty to work on, and the devs seem like a decent group.

Well, after 20h playing, i upgraded tier 4 center house and nothing left to do. Crate Entertainment, we need more content. More cattle like pig, chicken… (and with specify products like eggs, feather…) or smt like that.

3 Likes

Did you check the beehive production after one finished building? I know it doesn’t show a drop when you’re first placing them. Same as a building that drops desirability doesn’t show it is in range of un-finished houses.