Fashion Dawn

5 Likes

Every day is “Talk Like a Pirate Day” if you are a pirate yourself. :upside_down_face:

That last pic actually reminds me how sad I am that we can’t equip guns and one handed together.

I made a similar outfit once, with cutlass instead of a pistol and a skull for focus (as it seemed the most discreet of what I had available). I was happy with it until I went back to character selection screen, and saw that he looked too much like another character of mine, only more haggard.
As I don’t like when characters look too much alike, I reskinned him completely - he is now a deathpriest of sorts.

EDIT: Meet Reza, an ex-pirate turned death cultist.

1 Like

I also thought about it but there are no pirate swords available anyway.

Thought about a skull as well.

You must mean the purple pirate / captain hat.

There is a scimitar (called, funnily, Assault Cutlass), which I thought is good enough, even though I usually roll with rapierlike Duelist’s Sabre for my long-coat swordsmen (and -women). Raider Sabre is also quite decent, though not exactly pirate-y. Both the Cutlass and Raider’s Sabre are whites, so are relatively easy to get.
Assault Cutlass even comes with a bloodied, dripping variant (though Epic), if that’s your thing.

You must mean the purple pirate / captain hat.

Not really - hat actually was the same between the two, only I used the Luminari Jacket on that other character, which looks a bit more ornate and a bit less worn (plus it comes with a sidearm, hence the sword in hand). Complete with Harvest Handguards and Greaves, and there it is, the more ornate character following the same idea. And because I like my characters diverse, I had to go back to the drawing board.

1 Like

Maria Castle - The Punisher’s wife

“Hey Frank, who we gonna kill today?”

I also need to test run these new boots I made.
I am sure they will give more oomph to a knee or a kick to the “you know where”

3 Likes

A Challenge to the community, should you choose to accept it.

Take a non-set Fashion Dawn outfit and make the character work using the actual items as equipment. You can set whatever endgame goal you like, have fun with it!

11 Likes

What do you do if you use the loyalist illusions instead!?

Hardcore itemless, starting in ultimate at lv1

Faction gear allowed?

You become a legend, is what.

1 Like

equal parts confused and misled xD

Zantai, when you say non-set fashion dawn, what do you mean “exactly”?
no individual set items at all or just no full set/set bonus goin on?
like can i take exdaega shoulder and drop it on dreeg vestments or such? - or only from the very limited individual item pool? :no_mouth: @_@

No complete sets, that’s too easy! One or maybe two pieces of a set are fine.

2 Likes

yaaas! then i actually might have some ideas that could take form

Imo you should start by designing a great outfit, don’t look at items stats and then try to make a build with them*

*unless it’s of course full of synergies / complete set / too strong / doesn’t appear random by accident

What about items that are not part of illusion? Relics, amulets, rings, belts? And invisible helmets/shoulders/medals?

laughs in Dawnshard

If you can’t see the item visually, anything goes.

Invisible illusions do make that gear slot into a free-for-all, but remember, this is just as much about the fashion as the success of the build!

I mean, go for it, but you won’t get a lot of points for creative fashion.

1 Like

But… look at all the fashion shows. Fashion is supposed to be pretty, not practical.

alrighty, i think i’m gonna try this one out

might swap daegas hood for voice of dreeg tho, daega looks better, but if i swap for voice of dreeg i’m avoiding any “set conflicts” :smile:

• Daega’s Hood (might swap fro Voice of Dreeg)
  • Daega’s Mantle
  • Dunefiend chest
  • Thornhide legs
  • Ghol’s gloves
  • Grim Harvest boots
  • Deadbeater mace
  • Bramblevine shield

^obviously the approach is gonna be some form of retal, since it’s pretty cowardly and maybe on the easier side to make do :sweat_smile:

okay this is the bastardized sentinel i’ve come up with, https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAmg37V
lets see if it’s worth a pot of piss or if i’ll be making meni meni changes (before giving up :grimacing:)
^(any bets on how many hours it will take me to kill a simple skelemong? :no_mouth:)

4 Likes