Fashion Dawn

I’d like to share with my new trick when making dynamic shots such as the one with the bloody guy.

• toggling animation to

• walking
    • running
    • 2 - 3 attack animations
  • is done with with Grim Internals after pressing A iirc

• now since animations are very fast it may be hard to capture

• the best frame
    • at the best angle (rotating character with mouse)

Here is where GDAutocaster + GDHacker come into play

[hacker]
speeds=0.01,0.2
speed_toggle=Q

After pressing Q the animation stops completely (well 1% speed)
Pressing Q again changes game speed to 20% so that you can slowly
proceed with the animation, stop it again, rotate to watch it from every angle etc.

You can also make a slow-motion gifs using this method.

5 Likes

Fashion Dawn getting more and more difficult

3 Likes

You’re telling me. I’m taking my fashion much too seriously these days…

1 Like

And I still copy and overwrite files. Hope you can forgive me :frowning:
Out of laziness to try new stuff. The same with Ceno’s modding tools.

1 Like

Gotta do what ya gotta do :scorv:

If you mean the “edit” functions I’m doing above just an FYI that’s merely for “show and tell” in the program itself and isn’t actually editing the character directly in any fashion.

1 Like

Reason to use Grim Internal:
:x: To show DPS and incoming Damage
:white_check_mark: To enhance fashion

6 Likes

Based on a true story. I play on a weak laptop.

• cannot use GI features due to FPS
  • game looks like shit due to low resolution / no shadows or lightning

so I need to compensate by making these over-the-top illusions

1 Like

One of my favorite outfits I’ve made. The feet particles look a bit garish in the main screen but they’re a nice addition in game.

5 Likes

Cold Flames of Ignaffar Infiltrator :snowflake:

5 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

My new favorite. Looks like he could be the main character in a book about a modern day bounty hunter practiced in the arcane arts.

7 Likes

I used that alot before :slight_smile: Though never ever with a book.
That one + fiendmasters raiment + legion vestment are the only ones with shoulders broad enough to look good by themselves. A shame.

:grinning:cool

Power Rangers of Cairn!
They travel across the world of Grim Dawn and kick butts of evildoers. Five heroes with all tragic stories and unusual names, their heroic deeds were seen by the big daddy of gods, Empyrion himself. Being a cool god, he rewarded them with armor that look the same and just have a different color, which kinda sounds lame if I have to be honest with you…

Goredrinker
Japier “Spanks” Doyle, younger brother of Edmund Doyle. Like his older bro, he decided to join Cronley’s Gang, mostly because he wanted a cool nickname like Edmund and his friends. He didn’t like his new nickname though, so he decided to leave the gang. Later he joined Rovers and told them the plans of the Cronley’s Hideout so one day rebels may attack it and throw an explosive into the exhaust vent so it would explode. Remember to use the force!

HighPriest
High Priest Rozkurviathis, it is hard to believe, but he was one of the Arkovian priests that didn’t like necro daddy Uroburo and wanted to achieve immortality, so of course they tortured him… makes total sense to me. Rozkurviathis was a bit more merciful though and often talked with Uro about meaning of life and other psychological mumbo jumbo. They liked each other so the priest decided to help him a little. He told Uroburo about a cool spell that would enable him to curse the whole Arkovia. The necromancer just had to say “Jhehedra Akhantar” and angry gods would flood Old Arkovia!

Chuui
Chuui, the mysterious one, a wagabond. Rumors say he is responsible for the creation of the Power Rangers team! He had a simple quest of taking a precious ring into a giant volcano and yeet it into the lava. Sounds simple, but no one does simply walk into Eye of Ulzuin. He had to gather a team to go through the dangers of Korvan lands and NO, HE COULDN’T USE THE EAGLES, NOPE!

Veilkeeper
Kur’vakkar, daughter of Gannar’vakkar. You probably start questioning the biology and stuff, but if Minos could get a half-man, half-bull kid, Gannar got a full-man, no-scorpion one! She didn’t really do much since Korvan Scorpi spend most of their life either burrowed under the sand or wandering aimlessly till someone comes into their aggro range and kills them in 0.5 sec. Once she found a cool gun on sume fool’s corpse, the guy played on hardcore mode so rip. She decided to became the master of their own fate, or some other anime-like weird goals in life.

EmberCalling
Rozpirdollus, tanky girl. She was initially a sorceress, selling potions to newcomers and telling them about a den of pure evil to clear, rewarding them with 1 skill point and skill reset. She got kinda bored of it, once she heard about Cairn and how good respeccing is there, she immediately travelled there, moved east, always east. Dangers of Cairn forced her to abandon the useless magical items and potions and instead she went with more traditional way of dealing with dangers. Big shield and a hammer to bonk enemies on her path.

All five make a perfect team that can destroy Darth Sauron once for all!

6 Likes

Ludere cum Ignis, former royal demolitionist gone rogue.

4 Likes

I like how you used these shoulders here and color palette in general.

1 Like

Thank you! I am a fan of red, but tried not to overdo it.

and here are some default “fashion” stuff from my recent green on greens silly builds

the Heralding Reaping Reaper
(aether PB spammer basically same fashion with diff leg and uglier medal)

the Binding Reaping Turret Arc

default Phys Oblivion fashion

and my loyalist aether lady (aar binder)

4 Likes

Tried not to overuse blue color on a lightning build.
Primal Jacks
PrimalJacks

5 Likes