As the topic state, the intention is to bring up feedback on the current state of exclusively acid reaper using the Deathguard set. Me and @afanasenkov26 provided 3 videos with completion rate in crucible, SR being out of discussion due to its current state.
First video reffers to the build as the sets intends us to make it, focusing on SS and BH:
The completion rate is 1 out of 8 runs finished due to its squishyness (lack of HP on acid classes and lack of phys res on acid gear) and clunkyness (not enough cooldown reduction to provide a smooth experience)
Second video reffers to going for BH focus, stacking as much damage for it as possible. Run was made by @afanasenkov26
Struggles to output damage despite the huge poison added to BH for the fact that BH on dw specs only uses main hand damage, the amount of poison on this setup is not encouraging at all, that includes the duration too, and again…cooldown reduction is not enough.
Third and last video reffers to going for full yolo damage and SS focus, adding damage along from BH and lethal assault
Out of 7 runs only 1 was finished, the damage is slightly better, but not amazing due to so many acid resistant mobs, clunkyness is present due to having to rotate through BH and ABB to ensure SS hits as strong as it can, the general gameplay is extremely stressful and the squishyness is not missing either despite the setup being as well rounded as possible.
There are several aspects to be improved on the upper mentioned build, some ideas being as following:
- 10% cdr mod and 120% acid damage to HoS (either on set or Reaver Hunger amulet)
- flat poison on daggers and poison damage with increased duration
- Health and energy leech (build really needs it, especially outside of crucible) on manticore devo, health on scorpion, health on yugol, health on shoulders (acid builds in general severely lack HP)
- WD% to BH mod on blades instead of crit%, the crit damage is useless because the build doesnt have enough OA to throw out that crit half consistent and again, only main hand damage on a low flat dagger
- replace the pierce to acid on armor with cold to acid (this will ensure more DoT from nightfall which again, the build severely lacks)
- acid damage % added to Reaver hunger amulet
- Maggot String could use a +3 to dread instead of wasting, since it already has +3 Possession for Occultist.
Hopefully this setup will get to see the light!
EDIT Also i noticed that most endgame sets also have a full set proc (some have a proc on either weapons, or helm, or both). Maybe also adding a proc could help bump this build a bit.