[Feedback] Dreeg's Deception set is half-way there

I decided to test one of the older game sets that has been updated somewhat recently. Here is a spec I have tested:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dJnpdZ

As you can see, respectable offense and defense, Bat + Ghoul + Revenant combo, 200% casting speed Biting Blades spam for ADCTH, steroided transmuted DEE, almost 3000% to Acid and Poison with Dreeg’s set proc, additional damage reduction from Bloody Pox mod from Dark One gloves. Resist reduction from both classes, tonns of synergy. Looks good on paper, right?

Well in reality this is a 7 minute build in MY hands with success rate around 50-60% in Crucible 150-170 Gladiator. Which means casual players will be mostly dying with it in Endgame given how most players don’t care or/and don’t know how to optimize endgame specs properly.

Example of a run: 7:10 run with death at 170.

Based on my experience of playing with this build here are my suggestions on how to make Dreeg’s Deception a viable endgame set:

• 6% physical resistance for 5 items is very low. Make it 12%. DEE casters are prone to bursts of physical damage and have very low hp pool.
  • Racial damage to humans/racial damage reduction from humans. This is one thing that I find to be of utmost importance when it comes to playing DEE caster. Since Anatomy of Murder nerf Witch Hunters don’t have any sources of racial to humans. Add 20% damage to humans (one that used to be on Deathmarked chest) and 10% damage reduction from humans. Human nemeses absolutely wreck this build, Aleksander takes forever to kill with all the resist reduction, 3000% to Acid and Poison and even damage to Aetherials from Purified Salt.
  • Add Pierce to Acid conversion as a set bonus. Witch Hunter is an obvious choice for DEE build (it’s been that way long before Oathkeeper was conceived), Nightblades have Pierce damage on Shadow Strike, Dual Blades (if one chooses to dual-wield with DEE set). Besides, such builds will benefit a lot from converting Pierce to Acid on Bat proc and Biting Blades.
  • Make defensive proc from Helmet more potent. Add physical resist to it.

There is also a huge problem with A&P caster itemization (in two words - it’s shit), as you can see I had to use a chaos belt, Judicator rings and Final March boots because Acid and Poison options for those slots suck. But that’s another topic.

UPDATE: Example of how horrible spam DEE actually is, thanks to @AlexGoldFish_322

Some Dreeg set Sentinel test from @AlexGoldFish_322, this time it’s SPAM DEE:

Spamming DEE with huge energy regen still depletes your energy

Dying at wave 166

Dying at wave 170

As you can see, spam DEE is ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS from all sides. @Zantai, please, something has to be done with DEE and Dreeg’s set.

4 Likes

Nice try with this build!

50-60% success rate is low and looks even less impressive, taking into account the fact you build with multiple defenses, also physical resistance and DA.

Pierce to acid is strangely missed as conversion on items. I think it’s general weakness of Acid Nightblade items, since you have multiple skills/bonuses with flat pierce damage. So maybe conversion on set pieces or support gear?

Physical resistance is necessary for most of the casters, since it’s tough to stack armor. Here physical resistance is present on Occultist skill but 6% sounds reasonable. Physical resistance on proc is probably too much though.

Racial to humans. Crate policy is to decrease the sources of it but Acid builds needs to have advantages against humans and in my experience Alex is already very tough boss, so reasonable suggestion.

1 Like

Dreeg set and DEE spell need some horse steroids, like Valdun got :horse:

1 Like

Idk how many individual threads we need, but I started an improve DEE set thread about this set less than a week ago.

I had very different suggestions than yours for improving the set, as per the linked thread above. This thread basically looks at spam vs non-spam DEE and the set. My thoughts were:

^Perhaps it needs both this and your suggestions or a combination of sorts.

I think you can viably use acid rings at present.

Final March boots item is likely needed for a boost to DA/Slow resistance and %physical resist as things currently stand - but using these boots is not necessarily unique to acid builds as these boots are a strong epic item.

1 Like

adding this video to op: 7:10 run with death at 170.

I will take every improvement for DEE and dreeg set.
#DoSomethingToDEE
#GiveNecroSomeRes

2 Likes

Agreed that DEE set needs some redesigning.

But I dunno if Z would ever add changes aimed specifically at benefiting something like biting blades &/or bat when the set is clearly aimed at making spam DEE a reality.

1 Like

+1.
I tried Poison retal Opp with Bramblevine and Dreeg set a while ago, but he was fragile and not strong.
And Rotgheist Spam DEE was worse than that. Without a doubt, DEE and Dreeg set need to be enhanced.

1 Like

+1 to the DEE buffs

About the setup, though, why waste points in NJE when LA is untaken? Also, some fumble would be good, maybe? I know, piano, but LA is so worth the pain in your little finger!

Why the pinky?

1. SS, 2. RoS, 3. CoF, 4. Bloody Pox so there’s only one left for ABB :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don’t think I am doing this right…

1 Like

Because the middle finger is reserved for DEE :smile:

1 Like

LA just for Biting Blades buff? I think it’s not a good idea, mate. Extra button to press in a melee range to buff a support damage skill with 70% weapon damage. While NJE is a huge source of Poison ticks + extra mobility.

Eh, no. Build is barely surviving (every second time) with 70% weapon damage skill that hits twice and has 100% pierce through. DEE got 50% pierce through and 30% weapon damage, so twice as less ADTCH considering low weapon damage and probably even less considering how it pierces tru just 50% of the time and doesn’t have the boomerang effect.

There’s still 130oa and 90%dmg. All of that just for a couple of points! Blood Burst also uses some wpn dmg.

Activation sucks but hey

Might be viable but feels like same (or maybe slightly faster) setup than with points in NJE. But with added incosistency from having to be in a melee range for ABB and build becoming more piano.

Some Dreeg set Sentinel test from @AlexGoldFish_322, this time it’s SPAM DEE (@jawa):

Spamming DEE with huge energy regen still depletes your energy

Dying at wave 166

Dying at wave 170

3 Likes