[Feedback] Justicar's Guard set could definitely use a facelift

Yes. And as was said, Blitz is just a pale shade of SS that is never taken besides 1-1 and FW that was never outperforming is just overnerfed and should had been buffed instead of what had been done.

I tried a very similar build, down to the items and devotions, but it was quite weak in general. I chalked it up to melee Fire Strike and no -% physical RR on the masteris.

But I also had almost the same thoughts as OP when looking at the set, so I agree with him wholeheartedly.

1 Like

Could just stick a skill modifier for something like “20% chance of cooldown reduction to Blitz/Forcewave” on the full set bonus if that was the direction the set goes in. Though, I’d like to see more flat cooldown reduction to Blitz somewhere first to push it into the 1-2.5s range with the set equipped.

Ideally, x% chance of 100% CDR should be icing ontop of the cake - like how Aegis of Menhir, Grenado, Canister Bomb or Stun Jacks builds can all get pretty low cooldowns and have their resets as extra boosts.

Also, weird idea but would The Grey Knight getting % Fire/Burn damage and the cooldown increase/total damage modifier to Forcewave retooled to just be a small (0.5 or 1s) decrease to Forcewave’s cooldown be appealing to anyone? Skill bonuses would also need changing.

As far as I know, right now, only Electrocute Forcewave users make use of it (which isn’t even Grey Knight’s intended audience) as Octavius already handles Internal Trauma. Grey Knight at most is a holdover until you get Bulwark of Octavius.

Going off-topic (since it already has happened), The Grey Knight needs two things - +1 to Oathkeeper and flat physical damage on judgment replaced with internal trauma.

I’ve put together this utterly pointless build. And I believe that this shield is actual star here. Allthough, I’ve never played Octavius, so can’t compare.

4 Likes

Great to see other uses of the shield than what I would’ve thought. I completely forgot about Targo. It sounds like it wouldn’t need much then for the shield to be workable on the Trauma/Physical side for Targo users and Burn/Fire side for Justice users for cd Forcewave + Judgment.

Would support 2 very interesting builds with their own niche if it were changed.

well, you win some, you lose some. Since the Gladiator Distinction belt doesnt fit this kind of build, getting Ulcama for flat RR would be really weird, so Soldier with war cry is the best combo with physical FS. Even Markovian Commando can get to SR 75, then i dont think physical RR is the biggest problem. And both masteries have bonus to OA/DA/flat dam and especially atk speed. But-again, if the set get mods for another resource of phys RR (just 25% for Mines), then why not? :smiley:

1. Agree with phys res buffing but probably only 4% (average on either helm or chest, so it can highroll to 5%) instead of the more commonly suggested values in the 6-10% range. Giving more might be too excessive considering the ease of getting 100% armor absorb with justicar and its other armor bonuses, especially since unlike many other heavy armor sets, Justicar is designed to do damage instead of tank.

2. Justicar supporting FW is okay, but forcewave sucks right now. I’d suggest a forcewave buff instead of buffing justicar forcewave, so other element forcewave builds will also thrive.

3. Blitz should just be removed there imo. Most sets already support 3 defined skills from 3 classes and the only (non 5pc) exceptions I can think of off the top of my head are Demonslayer and Justicar. Demonslayer is another topic (tho I’d love to see it reworked to support 3 classes) but Justicar needs to support judgment better, blitz removed and change it to some demo skill. Literally any of it’s main skills (bwc, canister, mines etc) will work but the problem is being thematic with the knight stuff. Probably we can make vindictive flame work here (add cdr mods on 4 pc) as a kinda synergistic skill with the 4 pc bonus. Imo, this will also address the commando problem, since if FW becomes good again (and therefore commando becomes at least usable), commando will have it’s own unique identity due to the fact that it can use a combination of two supported skills that only it can use.

4. Some people are raising the issue of 3 pc + whatever being better that full set. But almost every legendary set in the game has the same 4 pc bonus. +3 to skill 1, +3 to skill 2, and then either mods to supported skills or a strong proc. The problem with justicar is that those skills suck (i think the proc is good), which means we’re back to point #2.

5. On @mad_lee’s first point about pieces of the set lacking % damage. Commando does need more % damage, but every other class that uses justicar doesn’t. Adding more damage to the individual pieces might be too excessive for justicar builds not named soldier, especially when coupled with the other proposed buffs. Imo, it’s better to just add 100% fire/burn mod to Oleron’s Rage. Field command works too but Oleron’s rage is more preferable to make commando benefit more from it compared to tactician.

5 Likes

The problem with Blitz is a very similar issue to Doom Bolt before it’s substantial buffs (for FG was it?), which saw the base skill go from 6 to 4.5s cd with substantial crit damage as well as itemisation being overhauled.

The base values of Blitz have not aged very well, it’s similar to doing cadence once every 3.8 seconds, and FG movement runes are comparable to very high level Blitz, so it would be nice for the base skill to see an update too. I think it should definitely hit harder, maybe with more IT. Iron Maiden could use it too :slight_smile:

I only use forcewave for the first 15 levels, so idk anything about that skill anymore. The sound of FW really erodes my soul.

4 Likes

This is a bit off topic, but I had a similar experience with class movement skill versus augment movement skill as well. Tectonic shift (Vire’s Might node) does less bleed damage per second even at level 22 (about 330/second) compared to bleed movement augments (350/second). The damage scaling of class movement skills just seems off in multiple regards

Well noticed. I am guessing you have reported it to Zantai already and he is changing it for 1.1.7.0.

As already mentioned here, my problem with this set is its identity - basically every fire autoattacker is using it. And then fire FW.

Here’s a quick idea: give Virtue’s set bonuses for Oathkeeper WPS, specialize Justicar for melee Fire Strike and Forcewave, and then add a set for ranged fire Fire Strike (maybe make a legendary version of Keeper of the Blaze, or simply buff it so that it competes with Justicar)

1 Like

+1 to that , and also I think the set need more physical resistance boost which I mentioned before but to keep the topic up I’m bringing it again. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2m4kAWN this is my shieldbreaker in justicar set. I really tried hard to improve my physical resistance with constellations and it’s still %20. I could use those points instead of somewhere else, the build doesn’t have that much dps either. If the set give more physical resistance, I can use the points to improve my OA, because I have really nice crit damage.

Not gonna lie, I even planning to use that set for AAR :laughing:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.