[Feedback] Mageslayer's set's bonuses and individual item stats are subpar and need to be buffed

So Mageslayer’s set has probably the weakest set bonuses ever. It is made partly for Spellbreakers that lack a lot of stats which makes it less then a desirable option. Individual items are weak as well: the amulet lacks %damage bonus to Elemental and there is no Physical resist on the whole set, as well as 0 cc-resists. Let’s take a look at this set bonuses:

Let’s compare it to few similiar 4-piece caster sets:

Harra:

Much needed OA + casting speed + Shoulders have Stun resistance and physical resistance.

Infernal Knight:

Again, total speed + two items have physical resistance + the whole set is medium armor + nice proc as a set bonus

Rimetongue:

Again, amazing 3 piece bonus. CC-res (albeit less important Freeze res). Medium armor. Still no physical resistance, but amazing set statwise.

I personally think Mageslayer loses to every 4-piece caster set there is.

Suggestions:

• Add %Elemental damage to amulet, remove physical to elemental conversion so it doesn’t get exploited by melee Infiltrators
  • Add Physical resistance to helmet or/and shoulders
  • Add ~70-100 OA as 3 piece bonus. Infiltrators and Spellbreakers are always OA starved.
3 Likes

OMG
then i see Mageslayer’s set it reminds me how i creat this build

1st of all i put full set on my paladin and it’s sucks
2nd time i use 3 set items and suck igain
3d time i put this Mageslayer’s set into trashcan
and take different items
and LOL now i kill all enemies

to what this I say
FoI is a caster skill
but FoI’s casters must stay at one place to do damage
it is not mobility skill
but look to Mageslayer’s armor and phys resist?
it WAS normal to do such builds before FG DLC
but NOW it is terribly weak set

let’s see what come to us soon
Void Set

pal0

FULL SET SPECS

pal1 pal2 pal3

and how we can see
this set have a lot of BASE + % arnor
have super a lot Phys Res

and what have Mageslayer’s? ZERO

I’m fully agree with @mad_lee
and offer to do a rework to Mageslayer’s set

Prob this set may win at least the 3rd place at the competition of the most useless one

1 Like

sounds like someone did try.

he he he

just look like bosses freeze at 0.000000001 sec :grin:

Magsleer has nothing to use this set for flames of ignaffar , because channelling spells must have sustain for stand on the place , but Magsleer hasn’t armot and phys res.

+1, and for cold ignaffar you want use faraths cube without cast speed…

That’s serious problem about FoI with Cube,same is for cold DE Apostate.

Channeling builds without physical resistance,when is impossible to stack armor.Damage reduction from censure is nice,but is not gonna save you from physical damage at all.

1 Like

As was mentioned above (and I completely agree with Nery, Firozo and Mad_lee), the really needs phys res, as if it is intended to play Mageslayer with Farath’s Cube, we need phys res, we need cast speed (for ex: my Mage Hunter has 148% cast speed with this setup. 148% cast speed for a channelling skill.) and OA.
The second problem is OFF, maybe not the skill itself but HUGE resistances to freeze that most monsters (and ofc, bosses) have. So, OFF works for a split second on them, which is rather pitiful.

If they just reworked OFF to have the RR not be conditional on the freeze (and tweaked stats to adjust for this new behavior) it could solve a lot of problems (the set would probably still need buffs regardless).

12/12 Olexra’s Flash Freeze

• 6 second skill recharge
  • 6 second duration
  • Freeze target for 0.75 seconds
  • 114 cold damage
  • -30% elemental resistance

ticking debuff like curse of frailty, with the freeze duration above assuming 1 tick per second. In this light Absolute Zero might not need much adjustment, as the phys RR is quite low.

Off the top of my head the only build this would boost into the sky is elemental PRM, though it is a massive change and I doubt the devs want to overhaul OFF at this point in time. I half expect a ticking freeze might overperform in some cases vs. a single big freeze with the animation interrupt capabilities.

1 Like

don’t we have tools based on item procs or item bonuses that let attackers freeze more than once per second already, which necessitates the removal of freeze from endgame by making all main bosses 500% immune?

Most bosses are sitting at 138% freeze resistance. -55% from mageslayers dumps them to -83%. 17% of 4.5s = 0.765s which is more than a hiccup but not an absolute ton. No other combination of items on a single character is going to yield more than this (though it gets horribly degenerate if you have 2 players, MP is broken).