[Feedback] QoL badly needed re Wind Devil duration

Wind Devil need for re-casting all the time is as obnoxious as game interrupting - i think majority of players would share the same sentiment.

In the game`s current age i believe several similarly distracting and plainly contributing to tendovaginitis hand condition skills need to be looked at.

And that is a serious statement since playing a character relying on wind devil makes my hand hurt from the constant need to summon that thing - in all my almost 30 years of playing games i had the same problem playing button mashers in the past - but not an ARPG like GD.

My proposal is to add +seconds duration to Wind Devil > Maelstrom skill - doubling the lifespan should aleviate some of the problem though ideally they should be permanent same as Empyryons guardians.

In general i would suggest all buffs etc to be reviewed and brought up to contemporary & healty standards. From this everyone would benefit and would be able to enjoy GD even more.

Thank you for considering.

3 Likes

I’d like to
a) Invite you to the [Tool] AutoHotkey scripts thread
I’ve leveled my Primal Strike guy to 98 and haven’t cast Wind Devil once (yet always have 2-3 following me)

b) play with a controller, bind additional action to left analog stick (Wind Devil) in Steam Controller Configuration
this way whenever you move your character with left analog stick, Wind Devil is summoned

1 Like

Wind Devils constant resummoning indeed could be frustrating, especially as melee build but it have plenty of skill modifiers, including increased life span. Furthermore if it’s automatically cast again or immortal will probably be nerfed damage wise, which is undesirable.

@tqFan idea is also neat :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I agree, constantly re-summoning WDs as melee build is cancer. I’d like to see their lifetime increased to 18 secs (like mines) with probably some minor nerfs on items/maelstrom.

1 Like

Wind Devils are one of the most unfun skills imho. Movement speed too slow, life span too short, cast animation interrupts player movement. Getting rid of at least one of these downsides will make the skill much more fun to use I think.

6 Likes

I can play without those scripts but then I just find myself looking at the cooldowns and not enjoying the views.

Now I’m planning Trickster with 8 skills and no way I’m going to manually cast all of them them. Wind Devil, Pneumatic Burst, Ring of Steel and Wendigo Totem all automatically cast. First two in every situation, Totem and Ring of Steel only during fights. First three as often as possible, Totem only every 14 seconds or when I move to another mob back (need mah totem not to die). Amarasta still to be decided. Winter King’s Might, Shadow Strike and Movement skill most probably manually.

3 Likes

90% sure not happening. Devils’ cooldown and uptime is right now balanced around the gear supporting it. More uptime would make Devil conduit obsolete, like now Mortar conduit is (that’s why still 10% chance… stupid things do happen :wink:).

Besides, unless you focus on Maelstrom (which you usually shouldn’t unless it’s a Devil build with +summons), having maximum uptime on that 3rd Devil doesn’t help that much.

Also, that argument could be used for every rotation cast in the game. You wanna cast it as often as possible you gotta mash the button or learn the piano.

I know man however when you play a build with Inq or Oathkeeper vs Shaman or Occultist - i never go back to button mashing.
Its just that Inq and OK were build to be a more QoL and pleasant.

Difference in QoL is just huge and yes i realize both Censure and Guardians are max mastery skill but that shouldnt be an excuse for a gazzilion times bigger QoL.

A pain to play for melee build. Hybrid and caster builds are much less irritating to deal with it. Maybe add some skill mod on build-relative melee weapon such as:

1. summon 2 WD at the same time with skill damage penalty.
  2. n% chance summon 2~3 WD with skill damage penalty.
  3. add a weapon skill with n% on attack that could summon WD with -n% Elemental Resistance (Lives for n secs, 3 summon limit).
1 Like

Oh and Kuma mentioned a program called X-Mouse that also presses the buttons for you

1 Like

Screenshot%20(129)

3 Likes

I was just playing a build that uses Wind Devil mostly for RR and devotion procs, and I think I found out what bothered me so much.

In the past I’ve been treating WD more as a pet than an attack skill. So I tried to change that and bound WD to LMB as my main attack besides chain lightning which is on RMB.

Now the whole build plays much better than before. This probably sounds weird, dunno if it’s there’s a technical or psychological reason behind it, but it works for me. So I guess my previous statement of Wind Devils being unfun was more a matter of inexperience :blush:

@tqFan nice work! I will give this a try the next time I end up with a piano build. I actually do suffer from rheumatism so I tend to build with as few skills as possible. With this autocaster I wouldn’t have to gimp my builds anymore.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.