[Feedback] Ramzul, High Priest of Osyr

https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb-sr/2160/skills – set monster level to 110 to simulate a 100 character.

So lets get this straight. This guy has a 700 DA shred, highest in the game by a long shot and very hard to avoid (the 2 projectiles at a time seems to be more like 6??), AND he has base default attack damage higher than most Celestials? AND he appears in Shattered Realm alongside nemesis in the boss shards?! AND he does this in campaign with orbs that constantly stun you?

I don’t know that this makes much sense to have. 700 DA shred is obscene. Not to mention his default attack has a giant range of damage too, with 12-38% life reduction.

Don’t think this guy should be in SR with those stats, and certainly doesn’t feel like it should be a random dungeon boss early in FG with those stats. Certainly glad i don’t think he’s in crucible.

Yes, 700 DA shred is insane

This boss is definitely very powerful, but I like the encounter in MC. The lightning storm which wrecks low armour characters is at least on a 8-second timeout and can be dodged fairly easily.

I can see in SR that move which does many nasty things (modest % health reduction, large phys and freezes for a decent length) being pretty dangerous. Otherwise as long as he is killed asap the lightning storm can be avoided (at least in lower shards)

It’s a bit stupid I agree.

Just trying to run out of it at 128 run speed it hit me 3 times, even running when it started. Reacting to it with a teleport maybe is possible? I couldn’t see his animations last time i faced him because lol log arena (SR56 is where it happened) but yeah.

Also I’ve had him melee one of my characters for 10k in main campaign that had 2.9k DA + capped res + maivens, that wasn’t affected by the DA shred at the time and also had a target damage reduction of 12%. There wasn’t even like… some sort of tell for the ability that its coming. That’s really one of the scariest parts about it. He’s not slow.

Like I’d understand if it was something like a slow meteor like aleksander’s but man.

he IS in crucible lol. (i was doing gladi 100-170 at the time but i forgot which wave he spawned precisely in). would have insta left if he wasn’t the only threatening enemy in the arena at that point. DA shred is way overtuned, no possible way to play this guy+other bosses safely on hc you cannot account for 700DA shred so easily on most character.

He’s part of the Solael questline too (The Eye of Ekur). I guess it’s not ironic that the next quest is called, “No Room for Weakness”…

I believe there’s a machine gun bug with his lightning storm cd too. I loaded into a boss chunk of a shard and was instagibbed at spawn by the loudest lagstorm I’ve ever seen.

I think I saw him once in Crucible, but I can’t remember for sure.

Make it -100% like one boss had in early AoM days! :smiley:

I’m actually fine with a 700 DA shred, as long as you can dodge it.

I like this boss a lot. And I wish he had more hp. He should stay the same if not slightly buff to have more hp;)

I’d like his turrets to be more like Theodin’s machine gun variation, firing a stream of projectiles, and his DA shred to be more modest.

Yeah. The damage is really crazy. As a low armour caster you have to do your best to hover at 80%+ health or risk death to that move.

The attack is not telegraphed, you’re right. It is basically a modified melee hit that gives little/no chance to dodge. I am not sure if the melee animation is even different but the only way I found to avoid that super melee hit is just to dodge the first and/second initial melee hit then count 5 seconds and dodge next melee hit again. Still I can get hit by it but less often.

I think the most annoying thing about the fight in the MC is that if you try to kite him in his room you get continually hit with that turret fire and electrocute. So without decent gear and/or flat damage absorb skills like ascension or phoenix the boss can be a nuisance.

Friend has reported the same issue with the machine gun bug. He also got crit for 39326 during that lagstorm according to his character sheet (naturally, highest hit taken, lol)

Agree with the ability to dodge it. If it’s like Aleksander meteor, sure.

I think the most annoying thing about the fight in the MC is that if you try to kite him in his room you get continually hit with that turret fire and electrocute. So without decent gear and/or flat damage absorb skills like ascension or phoenix the boss can be a nuisance.

Agree. The bolts happen way too often and you just get stunned nonstop. This is probably how my bleed pets feel trying to fight moosilauke when they can’t even inflict bleeds on the crystals… :eek:

Avoiding his melee is usually possible, but it’s one of those things where you’re eventually going to get hit by it. Especially with modifiers like +15% attack speed being able to be added into the mix.

Yesterday I had him melee me for 6k in SR41 (I was doing chill runs because log arena is far too stressful for me to try to get to SR60+, and the loot is acceptable in a HC setting doing 40-41). This is with DEE -18% phys dmg debuff + 19% absorb + 44 phys res. To compare, an aleksander meteor hit me in SR57. Only did 7k damage – but I think I had 89 aether res because of mods.

1 Like

Yeah I got instagibbed too by what seemed like a couple hundred lightning balls at once. He even did it when I tried to portal back in (on top of my portal, outside the arena) which was very funny but totally unfair IMO. Seems pretty odd that a guy who is giving me far more trouble than supposedly “secret” bosses like the mad queen is just slapped at the end of an otherwise very normally scaled area.
He’s definitely a bit out of whack with the rest of the content, glitches aside, but I wouldn’t have any issue with him in his current (intended) state if he was a secret boss instead of a noob trap.

As someone still trying to gear up, this encounter is just kind of broken.

As a cabalist focusing on doom bolt, ravenous earth,etc, I just try to hit him at a distance while nonstop dodging. I have lightning resitance at around 150% (90% cap) since I don’t fully know if he can reduce my resistance. I have some electrocution resist gear and still get controlled. I use the anti-lightning consumable and it doesn’t help.

Sooner or later he does something that just drops me from 15.5k health to nothing without any real possibility of dodging.

Just overtuned, and unfortunate.

It was awful in elite, but I was way overgeared and levelled for elite, so I squeaked through. In elite it’s just broken compared to all the other bosses

1 Like

“Overtuned” means he has too much of everything, while the only thing that kills most of players is the 700 DA shred. He basically has ~20% chance to crit most of squishy builds, and the base ~800* damage per damage type he does (like maybe even all regular bosses) effectively doubles to 1600. And that’s base damage only.

I said “base 800” because bosses usually have 3 damage types with average values of 800.

i think that’s the main problem with this boss. you can’t kite him and his patterns are hard to read, so an unfishined build is kind of naked against him.

i fought him twice in Ultimate with lvl 90+ chars with mediocre gear and one was immediatly oblitered, and the second, more tanky, was killed at half the boss health bar. both had troubles against Caraxus too but with kiting they managed to kill him. it would have been even worst if they were allied with Solael as you’re forced to kill him to unlock progression.

so yeah the guy could be toned down a little, at least in Ultimate.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind this boss being so powerful if he was an optional boss in a lategame side-dungeon you can skip, but he’s the first boss you face in the expansion and it’s ridiculous how easily he can wreck your character. It’s definitely worse if you pick Solael as your Witch God because now you must obligatorily face him to keep advancing in the questline. Yeah, good luck with that if you dare to play HC. A boss this early in the campaign shouldn’t be this hard. His damage should be toned down, his attacks should be way more telegraphed or his stun capability should be reduced.

1 Like

Ramzul has crazy damaging attacks. I play purifier with 2700 armor, approx. 3200 DA and 14700 HP.
So, what do we have in SR 75-76 when we meet nornal bosses: I cant tank both Benn’Jahr and Father Kymon while standing in the Inq. Seal.
What do we have when we face Ramzul: a ONESHOT through the Seal Absorption under his RR and an attack that hits like a truck and leaves hundreds of HP (of 14700) if we have no rr on us.
I know, SR is a challenge (especially deep shards) but honestly, no boss or nemesis hits even there this hard.
Here are some vids (with normal SR and with Ramzul): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRUsebyzY4E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8WcY4L5rJo

1 Like

I feel like this seems to be hard to justify between dodging gravathul, aleksander and anasteria’s LuL dead meteor balls.