[Feedback] Rancor needs a nerf - but it needs to be done carefully

Well, I would name it like this:
Rancor is mostly a Bleeding Weapon with (strong) support for Piercing Damage.
Nadaan´s Reach is mostly a Piercing Weapon with (mediocre) support for Bleeding Damage.

2 Likes

Of course it’s not in the current state. I’m just saying that attack speed argument doesn’t work here. Pierce lacks many things but what it doesn’t lack is attack speed.

1 Like

You mean attack speed. Because it lacks casting speed.

EDIT: Sorry. Misread your statement :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll get home and try to make smth happen with Savagery Trickster, just for the kicks. See how far below is pierce on it.

Those are the definitions i use as well. They are both Bleed/Pierce weapons, one is just more biased towards bleed and the other towards pierce.

How have I said anything which contradicts this?

The implication i get from this is that the weapon is not meant for pierce in any capacity.

With just one difference:
On Rancor, Pierce supports Bleeding with giving ADctH.
On Nadaan´s Reach, Bleeding…is there. 2H-Pierce/Bleed Trickster with this weapon won´t work very well (I think).

Please don’t quote me out of context.

I mean…if rhylthar is calling his builds using rancor BLEEDING builds, it is pretty much self-evident that pierce damage is a happy bonus.

It is NOT a double damage type build, nor can rancor be used predominantly for its pierce damage outside of spam PB

Imo bleeding/pierce hybrid Trickster is always tempting idea but the question is, could you keep a balance or you’re gonna steer hard in one direction?

Really not quoting you out of context. You are giving conflicting statements. Saying that something is a secondary damage (meaning the item is for that damage type, even if it’s secondary) and saying that it’s not even meant for that damage in the first place are conflicting statements.

Am I now? Is dark one’s known as an acid set? A vitality set? Or acid/vit set?

What about justice set? Is it a fire set? Or a physical set?

Dark flame AAR…chaos? Vit? or both?

Steer. Or do you know a set which supports both equally? I don´t (but would do I know outside of Bloodrager :joy:).

Devotions would be the same problem. For Bleeding, you go South, for Piercing East. Doesn´t mix very good.

Exactly this. Just because an item provides strong support to 2 damage type, doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a primary damage/secondary damage type.

Sure. Look at rancor in isolation and it seems like a pretty ok-ish pierce weapon.

But when you look at the big picture, which you are failing to do, it immediately becomes apparent that it’s first and foremost a bleed weapon

It’s primarly used for vitality, it can be used for acid. Makes it an acid set as well.

Fire is converting physical, while Rancor isn’t converting pierce to anything else. Not the same.

Sloppily i might add, still primarly chaos with some vitality. It’s still part vitality.

Lol. What if I used beronath reforged + skullbreaker? So it’s a physical set now?

Again norzan, dual damage types allow for build diversity, but in no way shape or form does it mean that the core design of the weapon isn’t heavily biased towards one damage type.

SR set :smile:

But SR set will lack offensively compared to Bloodrager. And will not give you increased bleeding duration, so meh.

I have played this build and I have no idea how Spanks is managing naked runs in it. It’s uber squishy. Of course I like to facetank everything, but if you compare it to my Demonslayer Dervish it’s night and day in terms of tankiness. So yeah, it’s one weapon and its broken damage that carries the build. On the other hand, you can always make an unkillable version that is 30-40 seconds slower in Shattered set, like @Firozo did in his original build.

1 Like

coz daz how i do eeeeet.

#hatersgunnahate #mad"L2P"lee

1 Like

I have to ask this or I will break my head thinking about the whole evening:
RR for Pierce is hard to get and the amount of the builds (Blademaster, etc.) is much less than for other Damage types (excluding Physical)?