[Feedback] Retal Drain Essence DK

Oh, I thought I would never make this suggestion again. However, we decided to make this request because the Aegis of Menhir mod was added to the Avatar of Order in the update.
I understand the buff itself. After nerf, Retal DE was underpowered. The clear time for Crusible was about 9 min at 1.1.4.1.

I have both DK / Opp Retal DE builds, but DPS is inferior to Opp.
Despite that, why was only the buff for Opp?
Hey @Zantai. I demand that the DK be support…

• Grant the Soldier skill RDatA to the amulet mod. Perhaps Forcewave is the best. Counter Strike is fine, but this skill is not a nuclear weapon like Aegis of Menhir because it has no derivation and no means to strengthen the CD.

This is another idea, but how about moving the Spectral War Shield DE mod to an amulet and changing it to Ill Omen mod?
This has many benefits.

• The ill omen does extreme damage like the pre-nerf Ratal DE and does not heal from there.
  • Since it is Dot damage, it is easy to adjust the amount of RDatA.
  • Both Opp / DE can be used.
  • Before obtaining a Spectral War Shield with a specific prefix / suffix, there is Stonewall Defender that is much easier to obtain. This will be a good rival.

It’s obvious, that Oppressor will be superior, due to extra resistance reduction? Why would you ever want to use soldier for physical retal DE? You wont use any of soldier’s skills as primary, and as supporting class, Oathkeeper is surely better due to RR.
You can try phys retal DE Spellbinder or something, and whine that he sucks…

I tried both Opp / DK, but DK was more defensive at the expense of lower DPS than Opp. (After that, Markovian’s Defense and Shield Training were nerfed. LOL)
Blitz gains RDatA by using medal. And many -DA.
You need to use more RDatA skills to cover the post-nerf DPS loss. It doesn’t mean you don’t use it at all.

Why phys retal DE Spellbinder? The combination has no advantage over phys retal DE DK.

And phys retal DE DK has no advantage over Oppressor

It ’s clear to everyone. Due to the addition of Flat-RR by constellation, there is now a further disparity than before. Oh, Beronath’s nerf also spurred it.
In other words, do you deny a request to support an adapted mastery by giving an example of a mastery that is not supported at all? That is too weak as a counter argument.

Hi I am recently playing a Budget version of a retal DE DK build (no MI retal rings, fantasy rare shield). I modelled it after @afanasenkov26’S retal DE DK but made some minor adjustments.

It has good AoE and good sustain but very poor single target damage. I know that’s the nature and characteristic of a DE build and I’m not asking for damage to be directly buffed (though that would be nice lol).

But I request for a consideration to add some support to soldier since it’s the only other class aside from oathkeeper that can synergize with necro for physical retal DE.

As it is the DK suffers from poor OA (same as oppressor), poor energy regen, cast speed and basically very point starved compared to oppressor. On top of that it just does not perform as well as oppressor, likely due to a lack of RR.

May I suggest that perhaps +1 soldier skills be added to avatar or order or maybe some skill mod to counter strike? +1 skills would alleviate some of the point starvation issue without significantly increasing the build’s power. Perhaps add a energy regen mod to menhir’s bulwark either via the shield, amulet or medal would be nice.

Thank you for reading.

2 Likes

nice feedback.
actually, retal DK has suffered three times: when Bero was nerfed, when Dawnguard set was nerfed (and flat retal moved to 4 pcs) and when Thornhides were nerfed too.
also, the problem is low OA and super-low chance of proccing Assasin’s Mark.

with some modding stuff given to me these moments were fixed so the build is able reaching SR85 but I don’t think that Z will change any of his decisions.

Yes, there have been many indirect nerfs, but DK has not been compensated for. Unfortunately, that is Zantai’s answer.:joy:

Well, in fact, the Retal DE DK is not bad. (Before 1.1.6.0. I don’t know now)
As afanasenkov26 says, at least SR85 can be reached. If good luck go to 90.
It doesn’t matter if some other builds easily beat the SR100. There is no compensation unless SR is used as an indicator of build improvement.
I think it’s a bit ridiculous, but it seems like a decided policy.

Maybe it’s a L2P issue, never mind SR85, my DK died on his first run in the tomb of the heretic before I even reached the boss lol.