[Feedback] Some of the writing/dialogue (options) feel sexist (CW: R*pe)

Ok, I had to get on my computer instead of my phone to reply to this properly LOL.

The answer to

is… yes? :woman_shrugging: That’s kind of sexist yourself, you know, by assuming that women are going to be automatically horrified by certain content. I’m a woman myself, and I love things like the Alien movies. And this game. And Dragon Age: Origins. Which all have some sexual/horror/suggestive content.

I could say a lot more but I’ll try to restrain myself this morning lol. God I need a lot of coffee for this.

10 Likes

I admit, I had to look this term up. The first hit was “scholarly articles search”, the second was this forum.

Yes actually, I share my work with my wife. She was particularly amused by you bringing up Daila as an example of sexism. That took some serious mental gymnastics.

Frankly, I’m not even sure how to dissect the dissertation you wrote here on how we are sexist, seeing what a vast number of assumptions you made about us personally. I don’t think I really want to.

I will tell you though that the particular scene you’re so distraught by was inspired by the Bene Tleilax from the Dune saga, a book series absolutely teeming with strong female characters. But you can go off on Frank Herbert’s writing on your own time.

This thread is not going to go anywhere good, so I am locking it.

22 Likes