[Feedback][v1.1.5.1] Morgoneth setup feedback

Thought i give this a shot to see how it performs and here is the result.

I really can’t tell if this was intended or not but the set simply underperforms. Rattosh does not have spread and you barely apply RR, damage is pretty low because vit, the resistances are a pain to get by, OA/DA is mediocre, lack of speed on gloves makes it even worse, and so on… I think it might need to be tunned up a bit. Feel free to criticize my opinion :D.

Spoilers, it’s a cold set. Pay no attention to the vitality beyond acknowledging you can convert it to cold.

1 Like

Pretty much this.
Cold SS, cold BH and Alcamos’s scythe is your best friend to make a Morgoneth’s build

1 Like

Yeah i saw that too. Actually i do have a 5min build on that. But i really wanted to make the vit ss work xD

Mad Lee try it and isn’t bad. With belt converting elemental>vitality is actually good. And I was surprised too, it’s vitality and not cold?

Well the reasoning behind was like this, necro vit rr, vit rr to vos, big ass weapon with ele to vit, belt with ele to vit, procs half cold half vit. Why not convert everything to full vit? :smiley: and so i did, and its… Bad

A hybrid or primary %vit could be DE Morgoneth + Gravetouch + %WD conduit + transmuter vitality/cold concept. The new rings with ele->vit looked to have potential with the MI belt.

Gravetouch :roll_eyes: Vitality seems like the only way it can compete well with chillwisper + offhand for DE. Sadly, Gravetouch would be better if it didn’t have that vit->cold counter-conversion for my particular concept.

It is probably too much piano for a spam skill, though. In this case resists looked not bad but OA/DA/energy was a struggle. (with HoS chosen, rather than MoD - gloves have no speed)

I did not test this, but a little %speed or OA/DA on the set wouldn’t hurt. If OA/DA is too low you need to go MoD but with no cast speed you need HoS. :man_shrugging:

If there’s to be support added to the set for vitality it should come in a form that doesn’t benefit an exclusive cold focus. Cast speed would be great as the cold application for the set works off weapon damage and attack speed plays a big part there. As things are the set is primarily aimed at SS and is otherwise a big stat stick for reapers (buff the sets vit RR?). Vitality melee just doesn’t have the weapon support out there for dual wield so it ends up as a caster.

Vitality melee has issues.

However, this set has some caster potential and some energy boosts might help. I think this set could potentially work well with Vit/cold PB.

For example PB-spam with Spectral Arbalest (and necro belt that has chaos->vit convert). You get a fair bit of cold RR on Omen, but the majority of the damage would be vitality. It would have to be tested to see if the 15% vit RR on veil is valuable enough to compensate for all those item slots, though…but the life steal would be impressive.

Again, Energy and DA is a bit of a struggle and some cast speed could be nice on the set.

I know that it probably is intended to be a non-caster set, but I’m looking to see where it could shine. It’s sort-of in the same situation as Rotgueist is/was for need of energy and a few stats. (Imho)

Edit: or maybe the Spectral Arbalest needs an addition of some serious energy regen. Or both.

1 Like

Nice one. I am guessing it’s a cold one with fantasy green loxmeres?

1 Like

Bingo! A lot stronger than chillstrifes. Works more than decent with just simply non fantasy 2x lox blades.

I also guess there is a green belt that converts vitality to cold (but that is obvious). It’s bound to be stronger than Vitality SS, especially since it’s dual wield and got two double rare green daggers.

But I liked how Vitality one performs tho, gonna post it today or tomorrow.

1 Like

Looking forward to it! Tried to make it work close to 5 mins but couldnt.

I had great success with vit morgoneth in testing… the trick is that you have to think outside of the box when it comes to class combos and skills. Then again I’m an SR player and not a crucible player, so my definition of success is a bit different

1 Like

Indeed. My intention was to make it as fast as possible.

I hope it’s not like this!

Should probably have rotated it 180 on top of zooming in to make it 100% SR authentic