Few questions about 2h melee lighting Druid

The skill used to be a lot worse than it is now (it used to only work if you took a critical hit), so keep that in mind when searching older threads. Chariot is a phenomenal devotion but I often can’t fit it in.

As for Maelstrom, I have it maxed on my Sky Shard druid, but I doubt one point will do much of anything even with skill boosters.

charriot is 7 points and the skill is cherry on the top. If you can include it naturally inyour devotion pattern it’s worth it. It gives someof the highest OA and some resistance.

25% damage is additive. Equivalent to 25% lightning and all others except retaliation which has it’s own modifier

When I was newer to the game, ie when I was thinking of the build in question, I had a bad habit of mixing my conversions up. If that’s really what you’re going to hang up on, you’re worse than I thought.

It’s maybe time to look at those rings :slight_smile: : Albrecht’s Duality

The OA from Chariot is nice, it’s the main reason to take that constellation (Tree of life or Behemot are better for Healing and HP/HP regen)

I’ve known the mistake for a while now. Yet when I was new enough to try and make use of Spear, I did not. Are you going to pretend you’ve never mixed up a stat when you were new?

thanks for that, will not be investing into Arcane Will then.

Another question, I have 3 debuffs: one from Raging Tempest skill, one from Arcane Bomb devotion, one from Blessed Steel. How do they work together? Do they stack? Do they cancel each other out?

Raging Tempest and Blessed Steel reductions will overwrite each other, Arcane Bomb will stack with anything.

What about Reduction from Viper Devotion?

it will stack with -X% resist reduction like Arcane Bomb and X resistance reduction like Elemental Storm/Acid Spray/Raging Tempest

but you can only have one of this type (X% resist reduction) whereas -X% resist reduction can stack

thanks, guess I don’t need Blessed Steel anymore then, gotta try Oleron’s Blood or something else.

By the way Reckless Tempest devotion on a Wind Devil is almost a cheat. There is a bug tho, there is no buff icon whenever RT is on if you bind to a Wind Devil

Currently the CD of devotions on player scaled pets is wonky, but in a really strong way. From what I hear, that’s changing in the expansion.

waaaaait a second, I can only have one x% resist reduction, but both Raging Tempest and Viper have x% resist reduction, so they don’t add up and cancel each other??

EDIT: Here is the latest version of my char, Elite dificulty completed with ease. http://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28nOKZj

However need to farm some stuff in Bastions of Chaos before I am going to go to Ultimate.

What can I say Im a bad man because Im pointing out nonsense’s that you are writing :smiley:

I have to be bad man again and tell you that CD is fine, but current in game mechanic is letting every pet independently proc those kind of devo abilities.
You dont have to tank me for free infos :smiley:

Tempest and viper do stack, tempest is not x% resist reduction but flat resist reduction (w/o % ). For example tempest and ele storm or viper and judic rings do not stack.

You realize that what you’re saying here is, each pet has its own CD? IE, the CDs are wonky? Didn’t really think I needed to specify for the new guy, because, you know… He’s new. Plus, supposedly it’s being fixed in the expansion.

When you give me information that I don’t already have, that is actually correct… I WILL thank you, if only for being a pleasant surprise. So far, all the information I’ve gotten from you has either been your opinion, but treated as a fact… Or wrong.

I see, because he is ˝new guy˝ you didn’t find needed to specify that AD rings have conversion to aether and not to chaos. Maybe he is not only ˝new guy˝ here after all :smiley:

Are you saying JoV isn’t GD’s lord and savior? :confused:

/s

Only skimmed the thread, but adding in my $0.02:

Arcane Will -> Mostly nay. The only time I would recommend it is if you’re having energy sustaining issues, in which case it can be very powerful. The damage gain, if that’s what you’re seeking, can be better acquired elsewhere.

Storm Totem -> For one point it’s not terrible to have, if only because you can use it to block off larger enemies (Dranghoul+) around corners to make kiting them trivial in dire times. I would not recommend pursuing it as a damage skill for your build.

If other’s haven’t mentioned it but you fancy yourself a castable skill, I might recommend getting Wind Devils for Raging Tempest.

Edit: Resistance reduction cheat-sheet, courtesy of moi: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vw7I9fTSqtx9s3a4WVvkgiOGZ7leM81n1H1RrwrOzLc/edit#gid=0

Funny I was always under impression that Praetorians are, sry my bad :smiley:

Storm totem + Reckless tempest is pretty good though

Yes. Yes I am.

Thanks for the replies!

I am trying to play without Storm Totem, because it’s very a inconvinient spell to use. Casting distance on it sucks, it has low utility (almost none) compared to Raging Tempest, its damage is meh too. And it’s not worth breaking the button smashing rhythm for it, when you are surrounded by couple of hero mobs and and a lot of minions.