Fire Caster Build?

Most Fire builds I see tend to rely on Fire Strike.
Since I already have a Fire Strike Sorcerer and I would like to play some kind of fire based caster (non-pistol) throwing around fireballs and meteors, I’m asking is there a viable build for this?
Blackwater Cocktail seems nice so far, but I’m unsure on how to go on and for which gear to go.

Definitely viable builds. Molotov sorcerers in particular are great fun imo.

maybe this. Lots of cast speed and fire damage, Olexra for -100 fire resistance, and Devastation for massive fire damage in addition to your molotovs. Start by maxing Olexra and rely on Fireblast/Greater Fireblast from components for fire damage until you’ve got what you want out of the Arcanist side, then level Blackwater until it outperforms Greater Fireblast and switch. For devotions, Solael’s Witchblade and Ulzuin’s Torch (METEORS!!! MORE MEEEETEORS!!) are obvious choices in addition to the normal defensive devotions.

As for gear, you have Herald-of-Blazing-Ends, Empowered-Amulet-of-Scorched-Earth, Blazethread-Sash etc… lots of fun items. The Outcast has great Wrath faction gear to help you until you get optimal stuff.

Oh and uh… remember to turn off screenshake. Less headaches with this build :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the response. :slight_smile:
I totally missed the fire resistance debuff on Olexras, thanks for pointing this out, I wasnt really looking at it since it seemed obviously cold based.

Sounds pretty much exactly like the build I was looking for and I’m happy to hear its viable. :slight_smile:

Not worth to go into Arcanist just for that, it doesn’t work on bosses. Occultist gives you a much more reliable resistance debuff if that’s what you are looking for.

Mobs are more dangerous than bosses anyway imo.

You also get spirit/OA scaling, crit damage, cast speed, damage absorption, fire/burn damage…

Pyromancer is great as well of course though.

You also get destruction…which is a very strong fire spell

True, I’m just ridiculously biased towards Arcanist probably :stuck_out_tongue:

Olexra4life

You don’t take Arcanist just for OFF, you get inner focus, mental alacrity, Devastation, Nullification, Mirror, Maiven’s Sphere, Elemental Balance. Arcane Will, Fabric of reality & Reckless Power

Not on a Fire Character. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re putting a point in it because BWC has Chaos damage and Devastation has Aether damage (with +Arcanist skills it is a nice 1 pointer)