first-time player

Falcon Swoop is a devotion proc, not a weapon pool skill. Cadence’s third hit only obviates WPS, not devotion procs. (If Cadence’s 3rd hit refused to trigger devotion procs the skill would be complete garbage.)

AFAIK Forcewave is the only skill, which looks like a weapon attack skill, but is using cast speed instead - see [post=207636]medierra’s explanation[/post].

Yes, the dual wielding talisman relics all have a WPSs. You also find other items like Soulthief and Marauder’s Ammo Belt, which provide you with WPSs - look out for “Activates off of default weapon attacks.” in an item’s description.

I just use my weapon as my main attack skill, i.e. left clicking. I right-click with Forcewave (coupled to Falcon Swoop) as often as I can, since it’s devastating. I also use Fireblast, Shield Slam, Blade Arc (coupled to Elemental Storm) and War Cry (hotkeys #1-4) as often as possible, and in a close fight I use Overguard (coupled to Turtle Shell).

Is cadence the only basic attack for the Soldier class? I guess I can move my blade arc points into cadence and use that as my basic attack skill.

What do you mean by weapon pool skill? What’s a transmuter?

Thanks,
Rob

By transmuter do you mean attaching the devotion effect? Would forcewave trigger weapon pool skills if it wasn’t attached?

OK, I’ll take some points out of Mehnir’s Will.

Thanks,
Rob

any skill that has the greenish icon and is offset above or below a main skill line is a transmuter skill. So the transumter skill for forcewave is the one that removes the cooldown which lets you use it as a regular attack. but forcewave will never trigger any “% chance on regular attack skills” becasue it isn’t actually a regular attack

I want to thank you all for your help… I’m now level 66 Elite in Act 3 and am having a relatively easy time. I’ve got maxed out Menhir’s Bulwark and legendary Thornhide Legguards, plus lots of retaliation, so many enemies go down without having to click on them. And Blitz/Blindside is terrific fun. I keep armor/trinkets for different resistances in my inventory if I come across an area that I need help, but with all my buffed-up legendary and epic gear, most of the time I just use my standard loadout. I’ve even stopped showing yellow drops.

Thanks again,
Rob