Flames of Ignaffar (Question)

Hello Everyone,

I need a bit of help. I am looking at building and playing an Inquisitor that focuses on Flames of Ignaffar. The problem is that I am not sure which 2nd class would (1) be best for it and (2) flexible in the event that I either get bored with it or see that it is not viable in Ultimate. I would also like to be able to farm end-game bosses & nemesis with it.

Has anyone played around with it that could provide some insight?

I would much appreciate it and thanks in advance!

Mage Hunter (inq + arcanist) seems to be a pretty good fit, there’s skill cost reduction, some cast speed, maivens etc. If you end up not liking the playstyle you could go with this build: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59782

I’m sure there are other class options but arcanist as a pretty good one in my eyes!

I made a Mage Hunter, and it works well. I can’t beat Gladiator Crucible with it, but she beats Challenger quite easily. With a list DPS of 159K before procs and seal, the damage is pretty solid. (I think something changed with gear or skills, because that’s 15K higher than the last time I logged in).

I don’t know if it will ever be considered a power build, but it is a solid choice for the main game.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2mMrAD2

You could try a Tactician.

I have one of those too, although I haven’t hit 100. It’s an interesting choice. It is pretty defensive, and less spiking on damage. I ultimately stopped playing mine at level 85. I might go back to it, but I kind of lost interest due to the low DPS and I got an itch to try out the changes to Phantasmal Blades. So I have a new Witch Hunter running through Elite atm.

If you want to see faces melt, I’d definitely go down the Mage Hunter route. If you want to try out the shield, Tactician (+soldier) does work, and Nightblade also works (pretty offensive, but doesn’t rely as much on FoI I’m told). Ultimately, for the ability to just lay your button on FoI Arcanist is superior. Mental Alacrity makes a huge difference on energy usage.