Flash Freeze

I’m almost certain that this has been talked about before but i think that the Arcanist Flash Freeze should have a small rework, it’s a great skill especialy for leveling, but in endgame it feels a bit weak.
Now don’t get me wrong i have nothing against bosses / mobs being immune to freeze effects but it should at least deal damage / affect the rr regardless, for example if you want to asign a devotion to it and you’re fighting a boss that doesn’t have any adds it’s basicly a useless skill, i understand it’s for cc but if you invest so many points in it i should think that at least a bit of dmg and a devo proc should be in there even if it doesn’t freeze said mob/boss.
What do you guys think? And better yet if Z has any stance on this that i missed in the old forum it would be great to know :wink:

I’m not sure if it’s possible to beat the dead horse anymore at this point.

1 Like

Thermite Mines rework did actually happen after years of feedback, so maybe OFF and the NB skill with the name I can’t remember have a chance. Not holding my breath on those though…

Mines rework was actually quite simple, just make it behave more or less like Inquisitor runes. Anything that involves skills only fully working when they CC an enemy is an entirely different matter.

All the useless CC skills can be useful in certain situations…

i only said it’s useless in the context of a boss fight without ads, not overall, i never meant it in a bitter qq way, only as a sugestion to make the skill more versatile, but probably if it was an easy fix i would imagine they would have done something, depends on how it works in the game engine or if the devs even consider it to be in need of a revamp

All CC skills, not just OFF, should be activated at least in the Crucible and SR boss rooms. (Of course, the adjustment should be done carefully.) They are not a single person, they are definitely a crowd.
Especially in SR, if CC is enabled, there will be a chance to deal with CC combos from enemies with unreasonable combinations. I can’t do it now.

The only one minimal changes that MUST be applied to OFF is: skill must deal at least 1 tick of damage independed of freezes target or not.

1 Like

That’d be changing the base template. But then either OFF wouldn’t have freeze in the base skill (as debuffs apply freeze/damage every 1s tick, so freeze would go to to Absolute Zero), or wouldn’t have -x% rr (as it is tied to debuff).

I have a feeling OFF shall remain OOF until the end of time

Template could be stay same. I say about core template mechanic.
As you could know direct damage is “offensive parameter” while -% rr is “defensive parameter”. If first will be aplied at initial cast anyway, second - only while freeze effect and both refreshes every second, that will be what i meant