Frozen orb type skill, possible at all?

if you use the charge as special attack you need a ref on that animation and have to set the specialAnimation ref in that skilldatabase, that is working without issues. you do not need a special animation if you use the charge as attackskill for the pet. but clearly if you use it as attackskill the pet needs an attackanimation (at least unarmed) in his animation database set.

1 Like

oh here, this could be something to make it work :smiley: i took advantage of an autocast that is added to a buffAttackRadiusToggled, which is casted initially by the orb and has a newly created autocastcontroller added, which simply casts the skill while on low ENERGY, simply added energy cost per second to the initial buff, that will look like this → Grim Dawn 2023 05 18 17 02 - YouTube → it will make the orb shoot towards your enemies all the time till it errupts into his dyingskill (maybe will change that template from sparkprojectile to something else in the end as this makes the projectile multiply a bit too intense i think…), i think this goes into the direction of the original skill a bit more now, maybe we can do it xD

keep at it gang, make it happen, realize those dreams :grava_yes:

2 Likes

Now just make it fire 1 projectile every 0.1s in a random 360 arc and you have it.

1 Like

“must achieve 1:1 perfection or nothing at all” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

i guess that is the biggest problem as it will always search for his damned target xD but will see if there is anything else we can do later, just got to clear up my hangover now ;D

EDIT1: changing the controller to attack the enemyLocation instead of the enemy itself inflicts a bit of a random feeling of the projectiles spitted out xD but nah, not 100% we aimed for xD more testings lateron :wink: