FullScreen does not go FullScreen

Trying to play FarthesFrontier full screen, does not give me FullScreen, but two big black bar on the left and on the right.
My larger monitor is 1920x1200 and the picture is full hight, but not full width.
During the Install of Windows 10 yesterday, I had a smaller monitor connected with 1280x1024 pixels, than I added the second larger monitor.
It doesn’t matter, if I have the smaller monitor connected or uncabled. A reboot of the pc does not help.
Sometimes some menues are partially stuck below the black bars.
This is Farthest Frontier v0.8.2a on
Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
OS build 19045.2728
Hardware:
Dell Optiplex 390 with
Intel i5-2400 @3.10GHz
16GB RAM DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
1GB Video RAM <<<— probably the problem

Regards
Andreas

I might have found the problem:
The graphics card has only 1GB video ram, and more is needed.

Will try a different graphics card.
That computer was never intended to run games, but my main computer runs Linux, which FarthestFrontier does not run on.

Are you sure your resolution is not set to 1920x1080 or something similar?

The GPU memory will not matter for how the resolution is displayed. That said, the GT630 is significantly below the min spec, so you will likely have other issues.

I have replaced the graphics card with an Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030, and had to replace the power supply, too.
Now the game works in full screen 1920x1200.
My current dual screen setup works in a very funny way, but it works.
I will have to recable a lot to be able to use both big screens, so not sure about that.

I had to reinstall Windows 10 and the game, but managed to hold unto my saved game.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.