Fun game. Need help from the community

I’m relatively new to the game. It’s very fun and I have my first level 100 char but need help with FG steward boss. So I come to the forum to seek out help. Nobody really cares though since it seems to always be about the newest build that I don’t have the gear for. So what the “F” is that about? The users just say to keep farming… Yeah, like I have 24/7 to do just THAT! Unlike them though. I need some freaking help! Not tell me about the newest mechanics for an OP build in the build section with huge AoE procs FFS. Who gives a shit, just play the game and enjoy it. Stop trying to act all pretentious like you know it all about certain builds etc. And stop trolling the new players when they need the help because you guys clearly can’t help anyone anyway… but I need help with this freaking steward. One punch kill shot, dude wtf? It has been fun up to this point however. I am a commando with this char. Very fun game. But I can’t find some useful info on this site about beginner commando builds. I’m going back to PoE if this continues though since I’m stuck. And these users aren’t providing any fucking useful info about this. So that’s that. I rate gameplay 8/10 and community 1/10 with my experience. And is it true that the devs nerf every build if it’s “too” successful?

If you are really looking for help, go to https://www.grimtools.com/calc/, upload your character and post it here so players with knowledge of Commando builds can give you some solid advice. Also try to not insult the community. With an attitude like that, you won’t get too far I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Welcome to the game and to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

As Volek said upload your character so we can have a look at it and give you some help.

To upload your character to https://www.grimtools.com/calc/ click the ‘up arrow’ button in the upper-lefthand corner. If you have cloud saves enabled (enabled by default) your save file will be in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata########\219990\remote\save\main_{character name}\player.gdc

Otherwise it will be in \Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\main_{character name}\player.gdc

Then click on the icon below the arrow and copy the link shown to paste here.

And no, the devs don’t nerf a build if it’s too successful. They will nerf a build they consider to be too overpowered and unbalanced.

1 Like
  1. First post
  2. Complains that community is unhelpful.

Really?

4 Likes

Steward is quite imposing boss, to be honest. You can learn more about him using https://www.grimtools.com/calc/ (click on "monster database).

Yeah…

1 Like

I think this guy is just a troll.

This is why I think so. This was his first and only post, and he somehow managed to ask for help on his 0th post/topic. That’s quite impressive and I would love to have such skills.

1 Like

He wanted beginner friendly Commando, let’s go!

( perhaps something like this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWLR4nZ )

@AsburgerSymptoms look dude, there are like 50 or so class combos in Grim Dawn, you can’t expect there to be beginner friendly guides for each :stuck_out_tongue: take your medication and relax, you have not even showed us your build and can therefore not judge how good/bad the community is to help you… (your second question regarding nerfs: some things get nerfed, some things get buffs, just like in any other healthy ARPG - i.e. not as in Diablo 3 where everything just gets buffed into infinity)
(Edit: I did kill steward and priest of osyr temple with that Commando - it was not easy but doable, you can read my Forcewave spammer warlord guide that is located here and just adjust for Demolitionist skills instead of oathkeeper ⚔ Collection of malawiglenn's Beginner Friendly builds)

Judging from this thread, I rate the community 10/10 and the author of the thread 1/10 :frowning:

Well, though it could also be Steam-Forum or Discord.

I’m not sure about the fuck-you-help-me attitude. But okay…

If you don’t have time or patience to play self-found then, shocker, don’t play self-found! :bulb: Trade or GDStash. This is the kinda game: you can farm crucible for 1k hours and still not get the blueprint you need.

Steward is very easily beatable with faction gear only beginner builds. You must be doing something wrong. Again, this is the kinda game: it requires know-how, and you gotta do your homework. Read build guides, ask questions, research your queries. Go grimtools.com/monsterdb, search Steward and see what he got. He got cold/lightning/acid with up to 35 resistance reduction so overcap those resistances. He also got pretty massive health reduction and very annoying dmg reduction (50 freaking %).

Not sure if he complained about drop rates, but more like he complaints about “everybody” is only discussion the latest build on the block and not casual players like himself/herself.

Sounds more like they dropped bait, that many people have hurried up and taken. :woman_shrugging:

yeah another “this forum has lost connection to reality” and “you lazy forum elitist snobs”

Strong words were used in regard to the time it takes to farm. I was replying to that.

Anyways, there is lots of discussion going on about the basics in guide threads.

Asburger. Guys who post top builds have 2000h in the game or more, they got all gear but they still GDStash because it takes less buttons to press than managing a legit inventory (in this aspect GD is really bad). Many of them forget their legit days and do what they do today. Because this is what they wanna do, discuss what they wanna discuss. So what’s the problem?

The problem is you didn’t even bother posting a gt (grimtools link) to your build. If you did and asked nicely people would kill over the chance to help you. So how come you’re criticizing the community for being lazy to help beginners (big insult to the guy posted above me btw)?

2 Likes

Yes, maintaining a legit inventory is a nightmare, when it comes to making a new build.
It isnt so easy to say, which item is “great”, and which is “junk”, and after farming Crucible/SR hundreds of times your stash feels like bloated mess of legendaries. You cant perform search in it, and its capacity is ridiculously low, considering how MANY items exist in GD.
If there was an option to increase stash capacity by 10x (at leasy) with iron and use some search function for it, no GDstash would be ever needed for non-cheating players.
It’s a huge problem of all ARPGs - maximum stash size is simply TOO LOW.

I have mule chars and use Grim Dawn Item search tool, works for me

I used that too, but it takes too much time.