Game Screen freezes

Hi!
I am having issue running this game. So, when I run the game the screen freezes but the music and sound is still running. I am also seeing black flickers in the game before it freezes(Not when there is a loading screen or any cinematic but in the menu as well as in game).I have also noticed when I am running without Direct X the game freezes instantly in the menu and when it is on I can at least navigate in the menu and the game freezes when I start the campaign.

For the record, I am not having these issues in running any other game. Following are the things I have already tried to fix the issue:-

1. Tried running it on both the integrated GPU and Discrete GPU since I am running it on a laptop.
  2. Toggled Vsync and other graphic settings from the Nvidia Control panel instead of the in game option.
  3. Verified integrity of game files on Steam.
  4. Tried Repair.exe from the game files multiple times.

My System specs are:
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire E5-575G
BIOS: V1.27 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8060MB RAM
Integrated Card name: Intel® HD Graphics 620
Display Memory: 4158 MB
Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
Shared Memory: 4030 MB
Discrete Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
Display Memory: 6040 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2010 MB
Shared Memory: 4030 MB

Can someone help me with this please.

First thing to do is update your BIOS. The most recent version for that machine is 1.47 and if you’re running an up to date Windows 10 version (such as 1909 or later), an outdated BIOS can cause a huge number of issues. I’ve seen that at work numerous times. That model probably won’t get another BIOS update during its lifecycle, since the 1.47 is from late 2018 and there is nothing new since then.

Likewise, update the Intel Management Engine Firmware for many of the same reasons. The machine has a built in Intel graphics card and that firmware will affect it as well as any other Intel chipsets on it.

Then update the drivers for chipset, graphics and network cards. Those for starters.

And run sfc /scannow from an administrator command prompt or powershell. That will check your Windows installation for corrupt system files and hopefuily repair any corrupt finds if it finds them. If it finds corrupt stuff and can’t repair it (the worst outcome for that), I’d reinstall the machine if the problem persists.

Try those for starters. Once your basics are in order, it’s time to look for more exotic things.