Getting destroyed in SR

Check out the guides/tutorials section of the forum

Yeah, i hate being THAT guy who creates another topic that was discussed million times already, and i’m sure solution to my problem is already somewhere there. Thing is, i don’t even know what to search for.

Now that is great advice. If this works, it might be solution for me, because i’m sure be able to take them one by one. Thanks.

Seems to me that you need to search up guides on game mechanics

I have played Belgo in SR, standard setup is very glassy, also it’s mandatory to not stay on ground pools and pull bosses 1 on 1. SR 60-65 should be possible with your setup. Beyond that you have to turn your build into fortress. :thinking:

“game mechanics” is a vast topic, don’t you think? I mean, i don’t want to create a new build or smth, i just want to understand why am i getting destroyed in this particular scenario.

https://www.grimdawn.com/guide/

It’s all at your fingertips.

But there are a billion and one ways to get killed in GD, and defence/offence is incredibly layered in this game.

The answer to your question cannot be boiled down to one single thing. A complex question, by its very nature, necessitates a complex answer.

And it seems that you haven’t even checked out the guides/tutorial section.

This is a screenshot of the most recent posts.

Of the bunch, there are only 3 relevant guides…

EDIT: The further you push into end game challenges like SR, the more you need to understand about the game.

Or you can just follow a guide which has already done all the work.

But you can’t have both - i.e. conquer these challenges with a build of your making without understanding the game

How can you know that ?
I don’t want to offend you, and want you to know that i appreciate your desire educate me on advanced mechanics. However, i got all information that i needed (and i doubt i would’ve got it from guides as quickly). Now i know that i shouldn’t even try to facetank bosses at this SR level, and i also know how to reduce monster vision on me thanks to @Pappaboy. With that info i managed to beat SR 65 just now.

Glad I could help. :+1: Your build shows me that you have some understanding of the game mechanics or you have probably followed the Belgo Blademaster guide, but you have to know that this char is not really built to push into deep SR levels. Tiny thing that you can do right now to make it a bit tankier is to decrease the points in Oleron’s rage and Anatomy of murder, and put them in Pneumatic burst, Shadow dance and phantasmal armor. But as I said it is a minor change, I am not sure it is really worth it, but you can try it out.

I believe he was talking about my char, not whole build possibilities.

Well if you change like half of the items and devotions, that is kind of a different build in my eyes, but we can argue about that. :slight_smile: You need some kind of damage absorption and to know how to lure bosses one by one in the boss room.

I guess my point is that anything is possible with any spec.

Perhaps I’m biased because camera abuse is something the devs never intended for, and it seems cheesy to me.

Abuse or not, it was the only way i could manage fighting 4 bosses (w/o drastically changing my build) that instantly aggro due to the size of the arena. I knew how to lure them one by one but it wasn’t possible since there was no place to maneuver at all and i was spawned in their aggro range.

@sir_spanksalot This spec is very slow for farming and from like 95sr you need only meme bosses/good mutators/very good luck in not getting randomly killed/camera and corner exploit (I don’t use it anymore :rofl:)

For normal gameplay I would go with something like superfluff’s version and trying to get some DA/armor if you are having trouble with defensive side or something.

1 Like

Right. My apologies then. I guess I misunderstood OP’s question.

I was under the impression that he wanted to understand why he was dying.

Not how to beat SR 65

Haha, i think it was partially my bad because of poor wording. English is not my native language.
Well, i got my answer anyway, so the topic can be closed now.

Your resistances are very low. This is why you die in SR. War Cry can also help.

Well, we don’t tend to close threads unless they’re a shitfest that needs to be shut down. But glad you got the answer you needed.

this mainly combined with getting some more DA. overcap try go for overcaps of 30% but also look at what kills you in particular, for example the meteor of alec is a combination of phys res and aether res and there are some other “do not do” nemesis. The problem you have with bm is that you basicaly have to stand on their toes to kill and there are 2 ways to do that:

• play and be very defensive
  • become a monster in dps bursting down enemies and then porting away with movement skills going in and out of combat relying on your dps

for whatever you need max slow res

i just messed around with grim tools a little this is in no way optimal but i wanted to show you its possible
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNY5mPrN