Good to all, First impressions

Good to all, developers and players.

First of all introduce myself, everyone knows me as Wily, although here I’m Green Allien (same as on Steam).

My native language is Spanish, so apologies, “Deepl” is helping me in the translation.

I am passionate about strategy, construction and management games, since the 90s (on PC). In my experience I have from simcity I (the first one!) II, III, IV …, civilization I, II, II, IV …, Banished (wow!!!) Cities Skylines (a real world approach) , OpenTTD, Anno series …, Tropico, Transport Fever, Surviving Mars & Aftermath, EndZone, Aven Colony, and most probably some more :slight_smile:

It’s not the first early access I get, so I also know how some games start, how they develop and how they end (or not).

Let’s talk about the positive …

With FF I’ve only been playing for a few tens of hours (57 I think remember). The visual aspect is frankly beautiful, the graphics are not bad, although it lacks debugging (even with a powerful computer is still stuck) I have a i9 9900K, RTX 3070. 64GB RAM, 1TB NVME and a 4K monitor, so I have play in FHD because otherwise the FPS drops a lot.

I think, it starts with a very good foot (I do not know if this expression is well translated), has new aspects, more real and original ideas, it looks dynamic.

The UI is handled well, the different menus of the game too, although I’m sure they will change some of them.

The designs of the buildings and constructions are very well designed (a 10 for it) probably the future will also add more variations in them.

I also want to add that, the first games I like to enjoy and analyze them, I am not in a hurry (you are?) I play at normal speed or the slowest speed that the game provides, in this case at 1x or 0.5x. When I already have experience in the dynamics of the game is when in some moments I increase the speed. Game level, normal.

I like that it has such a big map (10).

I’m at level 3 (Tier 3?), it has cost me a lot, but I notice that it is easier to pass to the next level (am I wrong?) I don’t want to pass to level 4 (I’m holding on). I’m not saying that the game is easy.

Now the negative things (some) …

Either time passes too quickly or in general, things deteriorate too soon?

I notice a strong dependence on the " trading post". First to get gold, because there is no barter, and then to be able to survive the “Hunger”.

The cost in gold, to build some buildings I see it somewhat high, even the maintenance of some.It should be more in line with the level reached.

The time to move something from the trading post to the settlement is almost direct, almost instantaneous, but why does it take so long for 2 workers to move some items from the settlement to the trading post? it takes them many days, several weeks even. Something doesn’t sit right with me.

There is no way to locate the working area of a building (hunter, gatherer, …) when you have several and a big map this is serious.

The barracks should have an automatic mode, the soldiers only shoot arrows if the enemy is near, they don’t do anything else unless you place the flag somewhere.

A minimap and more zoom are missing, I see this as basic.

About this last one, I have some more ideas, I will open another Post and I’m sorry for being so long.

I predict a great future for FF.

1 Like

lots of good suggestions and the mini map is something many have asked for many times lol
(myself included)

how long it takes depends on how far away the items are to the trading post.
Build your storage right next to it and it is very fast.

Hello,

I know that the warehouses must be close, in fact I have 2, plus 2 depots and 2 cellars, and other buildings, all surrounded by wall (jejejejjjj) however it takes them as I say several days, even weeks to transport a few items sometimes give two trips to carry 10 or 15 small items, is something I do not understand, especially when it is the other way around, from the TP to the settlement is almost instantaneous.

that is why we have asked for more workers in the trader building many times lol