Grim Dawn PvP Tournament, round 3 - sign up now!

If they did up a mod for this event, that would be beneficial, I think.

I know PVP has some weird math applied to DoT damage to players and stuff, it would be nice to get rid of that for PVP. If it isn’t hardcoded.

All damage has this “weird math”, that math is all damage is reduced by about 80%.

5 Likes

Oh really? I (and I suspect a lot of other players) didn’t know that, this information definitely changes how I view the mastery skills in context of pvp. Was it an officially confirmed modification or was it something players noticed in their tests?

Idk what you mean by “officially confirmed”, I know a few contenders knew about it already, I think it would be fairly obvious for anyone participating… If the dmg modifier wasn’t there a fight would be over the second it started… Same goes for Crowd Control which is reduced by 60%.

Something like a patchnote footnote about this modification (if it was introduced later) or a line in the manual. But I guess a lot of mechanics of the game are hidden, so I doubt I can find it anywhere.

I’ve also been told that nulification doesn’t work (or rather, works only defensively) and OA/DA reductions don’t work. Would be interesting to know the full list of what works and what doesn’t.

Such a thing would have happened or been decided in early access or right around official release. Most people following the games development closely would have likely heard about. I still more or less remember them talking of the decision to do this - it certainly wasn’t hidden.

As for finding mention of it… good luck I suppose. Can always take a crack at using the forum search tool above.

For example, here’s an old reference but not the 80%:

Build 22 - Instanced Loot, Expanded Storage and More! (Changelog)

3 Likes

Would be sick! I don’t have much modding experience, but the tools provided by crate should make it rather easy (I think). That said I’m kinda busy doing other stuff atm, like the highlights for Tournament #2.

I (or anyone really) could send a quick and dirty mod with “basic” rules enforced such level/devotion limits, literally takes seconds to create such a mod. If you wanted further stuff like forbidden skills or potions, you’d have to clarify how to deal with that.

That’d be awesome!

Basic Rules:

• max lvl 25
  • max devo points 20
  • no consumables other than HP/Energy pot
  • no crafting of components that go on non weapon/offhand/shield slot like antivenom salve, etc.

Skills limited to 1 point (not including +skills from gear):

• Inquisitor’s Seal
  • Blood of Dreeg
  • Pneumatic Burst
  • Word of Renewal
  • Blade Barrier

Skills limited to 4 points (not including +skills from gear):

• Mogdrogen’s Pact & Heart of the Wild
  • Tenacity of the Boar
  • Vindictive Flame
  • Veterancy
  • Menhir’s Will

I’m certain anyone, myself included could do that. I just haven’t checked out GD’s modding tools at all yet, should probably do that on the weekend.

Yeah, it is literally importing a few records and changing the values in the fields, very simple.

Could go into it blind and pull it off in an hour, Rekt! lol

fitenite.zip (80.0 KB)

I’ve done everything except crafting restrictions, that will be a bit more effort than I’m willing to partake in at the moment.

6 Likes

Works great, thank you very much! :smiley:

Do you know if there’s any way to make grimtools work with minor mods like this one? @Dammitt

Without having to use GDstash like this.

Edit: We’ve found a way to bypass the problem via symbolic links. If anyone has a better idea, feel free to point it out :slight_smile:

Could you explain the way?

thank you for all the hardwork!

May this continue so Crate keeps populating Cairn with “overtuned” bosses! Keep em coming! :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Edits to op:

• Added the poster by @MikeFic_YT , the HYPE is real!

• Added a ban to the Behemoth devotion has been added to the rules as HP reg is probably still too op even with the new Brawler’s Distinction. I think it needs sth like “Increases Health Regeneration by -x%” on the debuff on top of what it currently has. We’ll try to give more specific feedback after the tournament on this topic.

1 Like

Theres a few easter eggs in that banner. Pretty obvious. But still.

In theory it’s possible. In practice - idk. But I’ll have more free time soon, so I might look into this.

2 Likes

The Hightlights/Matches video is out, enjoy everyone!

7 Likes

Congrats to the reigning champion!

(but come on, please less pets next time!)

2 Likes