Grim Dawn Trading guide

Thx for your work , appreciate :slight_smile:

I’m working on updating this guide, but before I do that I would like to know what you guys consider trading prices to be at the moment

personally I charge around 1.5m iron/12 rare mats/25 ugdenbloom/10 eldritch essence/5 celestial lotus for a mythical legendary

I charge 1 million bits, 8 Missives/Mutagens/Wendigo Spirits, 12 Ugdenbloom, 4 Eldritch essence, or 2 Celestial Lotus. Eventually 100 dynamite or composants like Ectoplasm…

Probably something like 20 Frozen hearths.

Basically, 1 mythical legendary = 1 shot at secret blacksmith.

added an extra option to the discord part for the ‘Grim Dawn (community)’ facebook group

It took me a while to realize that the game guide has a page that explains how the trading UI works. I know it’s simple, but I was surprised guides like this one don’t even mention how to actually execute a trade. Maybe adding a link to http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/settings/gamemodes.php#q04 to the guide would help?

Do you have any tips on how to arrange a time and server for a trade with someone over the forums or steam? Is it usually done through private messages?

My windows of time when I can actually be on my PC and playing are fairly limited, so I’m concerned it may difficult to sync up schedules with someone to make a trade happen. I wish we had an offline trade mechanism of some sort. Not an auction house, just the ability to negotiate and execute a trade without needing to both be online at the same time.

It took me a while to realize that the game guide has a page that explains how the trading UI works. I know it’s simple, but I was surprised guides like this one don’t even mention how to actually execute a trade. Maybe adding a link to http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/settin...emodes.php#q04 to the guide would help?

Do you have any tips on how to arrange a time and server for a trade with someone over the forums or steam? Is it usually done through private messages?

My windows of time when I can actually be on my PC and playing are fairly limited, so I’m concerned it may difficult to sync up schedules with someone to make a trade happen. I wish we had an offline trade mechanism of some sort. Not an auction house, just the ability to negotiate and execute a trade without needing to both be online at the same time.

a fair remark, I’ll make a section on the UI and how it works for the sake of completion

usually someone will either PM you on the forums, DM you on discord or send you a friend request on steam
you can then work out a time, and if it’s even possible with your timezones
it hasn’t happened very often, but I have encountered cases where the timezones turned out to be incompatible, it happens
all these communication options actually also work when one of you is offline, the other person can then read it at his/her leisure

Cool, thanks!

thanks for this guide.

https://diceus.com/need-use-outsource-healthcare-software-development-2/

updated to new forum standards <-- click me!

So I was curious why some of these materials are desired by others. I have traded some frozen hearts away in the past, and I was just curious why the other player wanted them and what I was “giving away.” Through reading this guide, I have gathered that the following items are usually in demand and for the following reasons:

scavenged platings (crafting Stoneplate Greaves)
Scrap (also for crafting Stoneplate Greaves and other things)
frozen hearts (only for turning into scavenged platings?)
chthonic seals (?)
ancient armor (?)
Ugdenbloom (used for crafting seals. Why do people need so much? It’s easy to farm, and you only ever need a couple seals per character, unless I’m missing something.)
battered shells (?)
Mutated scales (?)

Could anyone shed any light on the use for these items apart from the immediate use in crafting or the component itself? Are there any other items that have some “secondary” use that might be missed by someone who is not in the know?

I never understood ugdenbloom either, except for those and scrap, the other things on that list are more difficult to farm for, so I suppose that is why they are in demand

Add celestial lotus to your list btw, they are pretty rare drops

For what it’s worth, I did a bit more asking around, and I have come up with the following list of things that are in high demand and why. Maybe other newbies might find it useful so they don’t fret about giving away super good things and can make more informed decisions.

scavenged platings (crafting Stoneplate Greaves)
Scrap (also for crafting Stoneplate Greaves and other things)

frozen hearts / battered shells (interchageable and used for crafting better components)
ancient armor (also used for crafting better components)
Mutated scales (commonly for Ugdenbog Leather, which many builds can/will use)

chthonic seals (commonly used for Black Tallow and then Seal of Annihilation)

Ugdenbloom (used for crafting seals and other items)

Celestial Lotus (also used for crafting other items)

thanks, added to the OP under ‘Currency’

most items were already mentioned by Xervous but I think it was a good idea to list purposes as well

1 Like

I’ve noticed demand for the following as well as “currency” in the recent trades that I’ve done and have observed in Discord:

• Eldritch Essence
  • Polished Emeralds
  • Aether Crystals/Shards
  • Dynamite

For a single-player-by-design RPG, I’m really amazed at how we actually have an organized marketplace.

Added a chapter in the first post on ‘how to actually trade in the game’.
I can’t believe I omitted that…

Would it be possible to get some info on how to make a trade in the forum, similar to the info in the how to trade in-game and on discord. The links in the forum trade no longer go anywhere. Thanks !

Huh? The links are here

Basically state what you’re looking for, offering in return and anyone interested will get back to you via PMs to arrange to a trade with you ingame.

@RedPriest the links now work
how forum trading usually works is also explained better now

A post was merged into an existing topic: FG SC legit trade thread #1