Grim Dawn Version 1.0.4.0

Wave 160 is a death wave with 3x Nemesis spawns, but it gets crazier in the late 160s. 2x Kubacabra + Benn’Jahr + Grava’Thul = INSANE. I played it on Aspirant without using any blessings/consumables and got my ass whuped (got to wave 170 tho). (previously completed challenger crucible with the same toon).

I suspect this may be the end of “no blessings or banners” Gladiator Crucible being viable for most builds for which it was viable before this patch.

I bring my DK, with buffs and banner, Gladiator wave 160 alex + kupa + fabi, mutator -25% cdr +40% hp and some shit I cant remember, alex called down meteor every 2.5s and kupa enless pools, I killed kupa but couldnt last a chance with alex, his 2.5s meteor took down ~14k hp each hit (+26% overcap aether res).

Thank you!! Great update :slight_smile:

Nice! Getting my crucible on now, thank you.

It does huge phys and burn too.

Rolderathis’ Tome: added a -1.0 Target Radius modifier for Trozan’s Sky Shard

What is the rationale behind this?

To make it more accurate?

Target Radius != Explosion Radius

Now I’m confused. Does trozan even have it. I always thought its targeting is pure random

The projectiles probably randomly drop within a certain AoE, with the -1 that area becomes smaller so the chance of them landing closer to where your cursor is becomes larger.

looking over the patch notes i am stunned. in a good way.

Merry Christmas? :smiley:

Color me gay right now! I think I am in love with Zantai! Best patch ever and what a way to end the year :cool:

Yeah this should be the end of no buffs/banners crucible. I bring my devastation battlemage which tanks wave 150 with little issues. Wave 160 Kupa + alex + ben and I run like a retard trying to dodge meteors and blood pools. Cleared it but that was scarier than no buffs 150. I can’t imagine going to 170 now. Guess I’ll just play it and see.

First, I want to thank Crate for making the game even better. The bump of various Conversion rates indeed helps build diversity.

BUT…

100% Fire to Cold conversion to Devastation!? WHY? Just WHY!?

There is almost no gear that supports Aether + Cold Devastation, and because it’s a skill modifier, I cannot even partially convert it with other gears (Decree of Aldritch or Magelord).

If it means to be the trade-off of the 100% cost reduction, then well done, for no one is going to use it for Devastation. Losing half of the damage for 100% cost reduction in 18 secs is hardly fair.

Please consider rolling it back or reducing the cost reduction to 50% or less. Otherwise I will just have to switch back to the old good Peerless Eye…

And I feel bad for Grava… that’s a boulder of coal he got in his stocking :eek:

Seems like quite a buff patch over all. Why were the pet vitality/all damage boosts removed or replaced from Veilwarden and Typhos? Oddly it doesn’t seem like my skeletons have lost any noticable damage without it, though crits being the most noticable numbers maybe the added crit damage boosts mask it.

[quote="“Zantai on Steam”]

The reason is that it was actually a bit of a trap.

At first glance, it may have seemed like a good pick for a Necromancer, but that constellation was not a very good choice for pet builds and aiming for it with a pet build actually results in sub-par performance when compared to other options, even if you want to do some player damage while summoning pets. [/quote]

10 characte

Read the changes, was a little disappointed (hoped for Phys. Resistance on Bloodrager Set…) and then saw the mastery changes.

Like it. :slight_smile:

Happy holidays!

Holy fucking shit the new Crucible, dragged my ass to 169 just to get rekt by fucking Anasteria, I think it’s doable with a few more tries but still it’s insane.
With a tank build Kuba healing is pure sadistic, can’t beat these waves without breaking the timer.
Crucible of the Void lighting is really bad, hurts my eyes, and with a fire build I can’t see whatever the fuck is going on. And there I thought nothing could ever top Sands.

Primal Strike is a lot of fun now,
thank you Crate :slight_smile:

Even frostier Ring of Frost? I love it.