Grim Dawn Version 1.0.6.0

Yes, I understand. Most of my build that has high weapon damage are using flame torrent. With this changes, I would need to look at other devotions, which is not a bad thing as it make me explore other skills.

What surprised me the most is warpfire has been nerfed to the ground. Burn build may not use this anymore. Herald of blazing ends seems better now.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Exactly their intention imo, they want us to explore other devotions like Aetherfire and Twin Fangs. Now if only they’d make Falcon Swoop not suck ass I’d be happier.

Yeah Herald of Blazing Ends/Warpfire thing was really cheap move imo. If the intent was to make the former more desirable then they should’ve made the skill mods more exotic rather nerfing Warpfire to the ground.

Warpfire did deserve a nerf imo but the Burn duration should’ve been reduced to 80-100% and not to its current value.

The arc data is in grimtools.
Yes, according to one of the testers it does proc multiple explosive strikes.
IDK about WPS procs though.

Was it really necessary to nerf Blade Barrier? I mean it is not like Mirror you are immobilized and that is a huge drawback. Now I don’t see a reason to put even 1 point in it. Very sad :cry:

The Crate devs are very reasonable people, if it was nerfed too hard and you can explain why (you think so) they might tweak it a bit. Just a thought.

Another thought: Kra´vall seems weak. I only killed ̶h̶̶i̶̶m̶̶ it 3 times so far, twice with my Purifier on Ultimate, and once with my lvl 56 Necromancer on Veteran (simple build: pets and bone harvest), and I was quite underwhelmed. So the “strategy” for Kra´vall is: ignore the adds, walk up to its face and dps until it stops twitching.
I don´t know what I was expecting, and I do know, that it is free content, but still.

:confused:

The Probability to Hit Formula (PTH) has been adjusted. It is now capped at a minimum of 60%, meaning that excessively high Defensive Ability values can no longer reduce an opponent’s chance to hit below 60%. This change applies to both monsters and players, but will have little impact outside of the high-end gameplay in the hardest waves of the Crucible or hunting super bosses.

This was the once drawback, i just can’t tank anymore some monsters has before… Please crate, unnerf this. =/

sounds like that was the intent of the change…

Working as intended then
Invest in other forms of defense

Some class, and some combination have no much choices for defense. DA at least can be used for every class. I understand the changes, but not agree with this point, because i really like playing defensive chars.

Can you show us some of your characters that you feel got affected by this?

My pet conjurer’s damage just about doubled, holds aggro exceedingly well, and stays as durable as ever. Nice update on this front!

Thank GoG I still have my 1.0.5.2 Warpfire. :slight_smile:

…so have boots been adjusted somehow/made a little better fitting, or am I totally imagining this? :eek:

When a patch brings in changes like this say “increased physical resist on x item from 3 to 4” but your item had a 3 (max roll) previously does it bump up to 4 or stay at 3?

How about when a stat line is added or shuffled around? Does it take cues from other rolls or are they just rolled randomly?

I don’t think that I have seen this talked about before.

whether the 3 turns into a 4 will depend, it could go either way as you map a much larger range of random numbers to the small range of possible values.
E.g the RNG goes from 1 to 100 while the allowed range is 1 - 3. A roll of 1 to 33 would be mapped to 1, 34 to 67 to 2 and 68 to 100 to 3. If you now increase the range to 1 - 4, you get a new number for every interval of 25 numbers. So if the RNG rolled an 80, the 3 would become a 4, if it had been a 70 it stays a 3.

If a stat was added or removed, there can be a lot of reshuffling of values, depening on where in the RNG sequence that stat falls. Any stat after it will now be based on a different random number than it previously was, so the new value can fall anywhere in its range.

How long does a GOG player usually have to wait 'till the patch drops? We talking hours, days, weeks?

so… i just checked a couple of nemesis and they have 138% trap res, the new set gives -33%, I was hoping to be able to use the set and the epic crossbow that mimics bladetrap but it seems that build is not endgame viable… why would they make a set based around a skill that’s always been useless for one reason and will keep being useless since it’s a single target skill that only still work on easily beatable monsters?

i mean the -x% DA juicy bait is a contraddiction if usable only on low DA mobs… not even talkin about the cc… wish they would either remove the cc or the %DA reduction (or make it flat) but make us able to actually use it on endgame content.

EDIT: nevermind, just checked the pendant and it has a proc with -20% trap res, that would make nemesis 85% resistant to trap (duration), with a 3.5s duration for blade trap it’s a full 0.525 seconds of debuff on nemesis opponents, during which i suppose I could hope my “when hit” crossbow blade trap to proc, cause that proc wouldn’t trap the nemesis if not happening while the nemesis is already trapped, am I right about this?

oh also yeah, forgot to read blade trap actually has an aoe and a passive skill that makes it pierce enemies :stuck_out_tongue: and oh! there is a MI with +2 seconds to blade trap… interesting

Usually 2-3 days, but it depends sometimes on whether you have GOG Galaxy installed. GOG will put the patch out via Galaxy, but if you don’t have that you’ll probably need to download the whole game again when they update it and that may take a bit longer. That’s the reason I put Galaxy back on my machine. My download speeds are so slow here it take me 1.5 hours to download the whole game every time it gets updated.

I just checked my GOG Galaxy and there’s nothing there yet.

If an item’s stats change, then how its seed is interpreted changes, so the stats will effectively be rerolled.

I expect it should be up today.

Try it with the set amulet proc.

Thank you for the clarification Medea & Zantai! :slight_smile: