Grim Dawn Version 1.0.6.0

Having tons of fun on the new patch!

Totally overlooked that witching hour nerf… I’m up for the damage part, ok, but especially the reduced RR hits really hard. Feels a bit too harsh, imho…

With eldritch fire and the pre nerf RR it was just up to -70% (2x -35%), many builds can reach -100% often even more.
The only way other skills could reduce it further would be symbol of solael for another -10%, and that already killed the (even more for 2h builds) precious single component slot on the weapon. Almost all other RR comes from other weapons (or DW like dual SoD) and is a no-go for obvious reasons.

And it weights even more as the upkeep of all needed skills is subpar at best, thanks to fast cooldown desync. Full damage potential is only available for at best about 1/3 of the time average (~11s [6s+15s-10s] of 30s with even less if proccing time is factored in or the additional needed skills). And even TD can’t help too much, as whispers of the void has such a low duration/cooldown, and witching hour (skill) with it’s 15/30 timeframe is not too much better.

So…
The latest patch flatened the peaks of the max damage potential, how about then at least doing the same for min damage too?
Without touching the actual damage values…

Suggestion:

• add 15% or at least 12% CDR to witching hour
  • set whispers of the void cooldown to 10/15

Reasoning:

The main goal with that would be to reduce cooldown desync and improve uptime that way.
As it is right now, pet and hybrid builds rely on buffs more than almost anything else. And as CDR doesn’t apply to items TD is prettymuch the only way to go for in that regard. Doing so requires a serious chunk of the devotion points and even item slots, so it imho should pay of a tad more (as it does with other weapon setups). Also, quite some other items like Gildors Pulverizer offer similar values.
Together with the whispers change it would help keeping up the buff most of the time. What may sound like a lot is actually relativized by the fact that already right now for example the Stormbringer of Malmouth offers similar value… and more.

• the build enabling conversion
  • all the time
  • without condition (!)
  • crit damage
  • higher CDR
  • health
  • offers an additional item slot (1h)
    Counting in said weapon slot it would also result in things like higher RR or up to 24% CDR + various additional item effects. Also the corresponding prettymuch obligatory rings (Glyph of Kelphat’Zoth) offer quite a bit more useful boni than the Voidwhisper Band: way higher enhanced damage, crit damage, large portion of it unconditional, all speed, DA, only countered by +skeleton/hellfire on VWB… and by the way the Glyph proc already has that 10/15 upkeep.

Conclusion:

So it would bring that option closer to what others already offer.
Still, I don’t think that resistance reduction… reduction… was justified with how hard it is to come by with this setup, so please help making alternatives to the predominant meta item choices a bit less clunky in other regards at least. If deemed necessary I’d actually even sacrifice the +1 raise skeletons as a counter measure.

Also, I don’t know if it’s fitting in here, or if I should better open a new thread in the feedback section?
But if possible I start with the least forum cluttering option, but repost it there if wanted.

Great patch! It’s a pity I won’t be able to play until next week.:cry:

Dude, the lighting pet build won’t survive hard content for the fact that the build can’t cap so many skills and pet res a cabalist need.(If you don’t believe me, just make one and make it through crucible150 without buff or banner and you will understand what i’m talking about) Even AOM content will be really daunting to newcomers and gives really shitty game experience.

So the nerf is already damn harsh—-they nerf time dilation too, pet builds beside comjurer are a joke in harder contents like AOM,it’s insane to nerf an already weak build(maybe better with really good pilot). I guess lots of newbies gonna find it super hard to start a pet build for the fact that everything is nerfed to the ground becuz someone find a niche build (need insane apm and piloting skill too) that is ‘overpowered ‘!( this just reminds me so much of the hearthstone community!)

If you think something should be nerfed becuz there is an alternative, plz proof first with a video that the alternative is viable in hard content. This random reasoning is so much like the turtle paradox some philosophers living in a cubicle like to reason about, but we all know——-it’s so easy to debunk the myth in real life!

Skeletons are so fragile in grimdawn but they are the reason why so many people play the necromancer mastery——-Sweet memory from d2!:cool:
Dear Crate, they are already skinny and they are so huggable ;).
Plz preserve them,
protect them,
They will grow up someday and make all of you proud:D

I’m groot!:rolleyes::stuck_out_tongue:

The new Blood Knight set will rock with my current vitality DK build

This issue still exists, sadly. Mainly, the door to the Cronley boss room, and now even the breakable wall to the secret stash near Darkvale. I wonder, does the game “make the wall transparent” once it “changes to an open state”? Or does it simply rely on the object with collision to get out of the way?

Greetings… “dude”…

Did you actually bother reading my post at all?
Because none of my suggestions is actually a nerf. To the contrary, it’s a mild to moderate buff. To sum it up: I suggested to ADD CDR to “the witching hour” item to counter the buff desync by increasing the buff uptime with it (by taking TD, which is another cost to take to apply a bit of CDR to item skills), as “the witching hour” is more of a caster item and CDR could help with the fluctuating powerlevel of the build evolving around said item. Same goes for the “voidwhisper band” skill durations.
The stormbringer is just an example where said build enabling conversion is available all the time including the CDR.
Analogous it goes for the resistance reduction where I clearly stated it was a (imho too) harsh nerf because of how hard it is to come around with in this case. Especially as there is no real way of improving it as it’s a pet boost, no symbol of dreeg, or blessed steel or whatever, that could improve said flat reduction on the pets as it would not stack. And almost all skills that could help in that regard to a notable extend are weapon skills, or replace other mandatory gear slots.

All this also in respect of the TD nerf, that hits builds as this far more than the ones it’s actually aimed at.

So next time provide proof of your reading skills and understand the post you are replying to…

Sorry , I should have read that more closely—but you could imagine my rage when I knew of the nerf on my beloved witching hour cabalist and the fact that conjurer got buffed up so much!!!(not fair!!!)—I’m raging at the nerf, not you, I just glanced through the post and decided to lobby for more contents for cabalist.

Sorry again if I hurt your feelings, I think I will improve my reading skills and not babyrage at this 'ridiculous ’ nerf before the build thread is even written.

I think you have really great suggestions to the nerf, I think what you have said about the cdr buff is one way to go—but I think plus 3 to storm spirit or hellfire would be much better.

I cannot assign Arcane Bomb to Wendigo Totem anymore. I have points in the skill, i use the totem, but when i click on arcane bomb to assign it, wendigo totem, wind devil and storm totem don’t appear even in red. bug ?

I could be wrong here, but if Arcane Bomb is consided a pet, than it make sense. Because pets can’t spawn other pets.

Here you go :wink:

Loving the patch so far, I just so badly need more news!

Welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

Plenty of news around in the Development Updates section of the forum

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

and in the live streams the devs do on a fairly regular basis. Here’s the latest one with some of the new music and a look at the new movement skills in action.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/265416096##