Grim Dawn Version 1.1.5.0

Or Chaos :pray:

as long as there is no fx change on mortars , it would be pointless… :sob:

Fantastic work on the new patch, thank you so much Crate! The new Rogue-like is a beautiful challenge. And new loyalist look!? How do you guys do it!? :partying_face:

I am still waiting for the mythical version of the Miasma-Set.

Now if only the Nerf Stick would get hit by itself, this might become a game worth coming back to.

~ 6000 buffs this patch, poor nerf stick.

6 Likes

I’m loving what I’ve seen so far! I think a lot of negative perspective comes from deltas against existing builds, which are of course usually built using the best outlier items (like, empowered essence of beronath which I, like many, used a ton in my leveling builds and at least one end game build).

When a balancing pass brings these items to be similar to others, the new item suite makes much more sense to a new player, and gives them a lot of choices instead of shuttling them into a few outliers. However, this can’t help but annoy the heck out of existing players used to having these outlier items available to them.

Personally, since I took a long break from GD before 1.1.5.0, the nerfs don’t bother me at all, and all the buffs are awesome.

Hopefully there’ll be some healthy discussion on whether the identified outliers were nerfed too far (i.e. there is now no use-case for them rather than just a use-case similar to other items in the same power band). Somehow I doubt its gone that far. As an example, a lot of the +all skill items in the mid power band were toned/down removed at the same time, so should be more choice, not less.

2 Likes

Death by 6000 cuts.

Meanwhile: Nuclear Nerfs.

Daily Airport Security Ass-Groping vs The Holocaust, Apartheid, The Trail of Tears, and Extinction Level Events combined.

The Consisenty of Constancy:

Vanilla needs more Subtlety.

No more hand-dipped; only soft-serve.

Wait, wait, I’ve got a gif for this.

giphy

8 Likes

You guys are absolutely amazing!
How can I throw more money at you? Another Loyalist pack? Pretty please? :wink:

1 Like

As with every patch where the same knee-jerk complaints crawl out of the woodwork, I invite everyone to post feedback on their builds and how the patch impacted them to the point of not being viable for endgame anymore.

If we were wrong in a change, we are happy to make adjustments in future patches/hotfixes.

10 Likes

Was there anything done recently that changed how macro programs like AHK interact with GD? I suspect it was a windows update that has blocked some of my macros, just checking all options.

Gifs.

The first and last resort for the losing side of internet discourse.

Also:

Crate Balancing 101:

Completely gut the viability of good builds.

3 major patches later, apply numerous minuscule upwards/side-grade adjustments to said eviscerated and dead builds.

JUST LOOK AT ALL THESE BUFFS!!!

Further:

A Spiderman movie!

Starring Tobey McGuire.

But:

A perfect Jameson!

Introduced into a Spiderman movie starring Tobey McGuire.

JUST LOOK AT ALL THESE BUFFS!!!

What a Marvelous way to illustrate my point.

Good job!

Dead%20Builds

6 Likes

Let me know when you actually have a point.

7 Likes

1 Like

Point to the builds that deserve to be outliers. There’s one solid thing you can base it off of in ARPGs, timesinks aka farming. Legendaries and blues? You get to be special just like everyone else.

Seems no one has noticed that a lot of the low level faction belts now have +1 to all skills to a specific mastery.

5 Likes

Cheers on bringing that up. I’m waiting for grimtools update before I dive into changelogs