Grim Dawn Version 1.1.5.2 Hotfix 2

Devs already said no.
I have 120+fps in 1440p resolution.
Sure it drops with heavy fights as any arpg game does due to the effects and calculations.
so, its your machine that is likely, old and combined with a user error there is little else to do

I saw the difference as well because I accidentally turned it off and played without it for some time. People get accustomed to the better incredibly quickly but truly see the difference when they go back to the worse.

I can concur. My old Intel i5-2500 runs the game ok as standard with a little stuttering, but setting the CPU affinity to use only cores 1 and 3 really makes a dramatic difference.

It probably depends on the userā€™s configuration and machine because I tried all the available tricks and didnā€™t see any change whatsoever.

Yep, I think it all eventually comes down to the quality of your hardware and configuration.

I am also currently wondering why besides Grim Dawn that a lot of people with supposedly state of the art equipment are having such problems with running other releases like Wolcen etc. With Wolcen, my equipment is well over 10 years old and I have had no problem or major crashes (apart from their many,many bugs that need fixing). My graphic card is an old HD5800 series which is well below their suggested minimum of a HD6850, but even at MEDIUM settings it plays the game quite comfortably at 1920 x 1080 and I have just played a straight 7 hour session without any crashes. I have yet to find a game that I have purchased that my old war horse setup cannot run at a reasonable quality. I realize that somewhere down the line that this is going change and some game is going to force me to upgrade ā€“ but letā€™s see what that game is, as I see nothing out there yet that is even close.

I suspect that a lot of the new modern PC components are not really as compatible or optimal as they propose to be. Lots of back yard manufacturers out there that create components that are not up to scratch that they sell to unsuspecting buyers.

What if you have 8 cores?

Scheduling and rendezvous.

Learn about these (and parallel programming in general) and you will wish you didnā€™t.

1 Like